JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2521498-maternity-clothes.html)

1stbaby May 1st, 2012 12:03 PM

Maternity clothes

I was in maternity clothes by 6 weeks with my 2nd due to the most horrible bloat. I honestly looked like I was 6 months pregnant instead of 6 weeks. My pants were a good 4 inches from buttoning.

So far I have not had this issue, but it made me curious if anyone has started getting a few maternity clothes yet.

Will you buy new, borrow, use your old stash or buy 2nd hand?

Lintu May 1st, 2012 12:05 PM

Re: Maternity clothes

Depending on when I start needing them, I'll need some more. Last time, I was only in maternity clothes from December through April, so all winter. This time I could conceivably (no pun intended) need some summer stuff.

LadieBug May 1st, 2012 12:13 PM

Last time around I didnt wear maternity clothes til about 5-6 months. I did use the belly bands for that "in between" time, so that I could still wear my regular pants just unbuttoned. And I remember using a hair tie to hold the button closed sometimes :)
I was only "big" during winter, so I'll probably get some summer maternity stuff. Or just some flowy dresses and stuff like that.

michellelb May 1st, 2012 12:16 PM

I am bloated but can still wear my regular clothes. I started showing with my 2nd much faster than I did my 1st so wondering how fast I will need them this time!! I will probably start watching those sale racks soon! I don't want to buy anything til at least my first appt so hopefully I can make it til then. I've seen several people say that they needed maternity clothes as early as 6 weeks with their 3rd (yes, I googled how soon will I show with 3rd pregnancy-I know its crazy lol)

theagent49 May 1st, 2012 12:26 PM

I'll buy new when I need to start buying ... I'm pretty small as it is so I think it'll be easier to find clothes. It will be fun though!!

Babyschultz May 1st, 2012 01:07 PM

Use my old stuff and maybe buy some new stuff, but not much since I think this is going to be my last pregnancy.

michellelb May 1st, 2012 01:23 PM

I was browsing on old navy maternity and found some black pants that were on sale for $20 and was tempted...but I am trying to wait.

1stbaby May 1st, 2012 01:34 PM

I will be buying off sale racks and hopefully pick up a few things at garage sales. This is for sure my last pregnancy and I just can't see spending $40-60 on a maternity shirt I may wear for 6 months at best.

I looked at one at Kohls today and it was $56. I guess they play on the pregnancy hormones.

minalyn May 1st, 2012 03:28 PM

I'm waiting too but since I live in Vegas hopefully I can just pull off dresses till September!

theagent49 May 1st, 2012 03:30 PM

Yeah this is my first so I don't have old maternity clothes hehe

newtoncountry May 1st, 2012 10:50 PM

Ross' has great prices and selection!!! I am on number 4 (and very bloated) so my things are getting snug. You can get knit skirts and sundresses, non-maternity. I also got some really cute shirts that will work for transition time and after baby as well. Luckily, so many of the regular styles can work as maternity. I live in knit skirts and gouchos anyway. Good luck to all.

LadieBug May 2nd, 2012 05:17 AM

Oh I forgot to add- I feel super bloated too! Sometimes I know that I actually am, and sometimes I think its just in my head. I put on my skinny jeans yesterday and they werent even slightly snug. I'm hoping I can get away with fitting into most of my normal clothes for a while, since we dont plan on telling anyone til I'm a bit further along.

michellelb May 2nd, 2012 05:26 AM

I have lots of dresses and cotton kind of stuff I can wear during transition, my biggest problem is at work. We have to wear black or grey dress pants. Not sure how long I can wear regular pants and belts lol

Shades of Grey May 2nd, 2012 07:30 AM

Most of the maternity clothes I have from before were work close and for winter. Im a SAHM now so no way Im wearing some of those again! I am hoping to make dresses, skirts, yoga pants, and gouchos work for as long as I can! We are going to try to wait to say anything for a while so I hope it stays unnoticable for a while. Though, I have noticed some serious bloating the last few days too. I had just lost 20 pounds so Im already in a weird spot where none of my clothes really fit well:rolleyes:

Lucky Mama May 2nd, 2012 08:10 AM

I will use what little I have from my first two pregnancies, my belly band, and hit the thrift stores for whatever else I need. Though Ross is a great idea, too... :D

I never wore maternity pants with my second, just my belly band over my regular jeans. I had to break that out at about 12 weeks. We'll see how fast I pop this time around!

theagent49 May 2nd, 2012 08:49 AM

We don't have Ross here in Canada not that I know of anyway.

*KaraBeth* May 2nd, 2012 10:05 AM

I didn't expect to be pregnant again so I got rid of all my maternity shirts so I'll have to go shopping once I start getting bigger. Any excuse to shop I'm ok with!