JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Beta Levels are in! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2524150-beta-levels.html)

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 04:03 PM

Beta Levels are in!

Today it was 62! WOOT!!!

They are a little worried about my progesterone, it is 8 right now. They don't want to give me anything yet until they see my next beta number (they mentioned something about ectopic.....WHAT?!). If my beta number doubles but my progesterone stays the same they will put me on a supplement.

They also said something about a hyperthyroidism test they want to do on Wednesday just in case something is acting out and I need to be on meds for that.

So yeah, apparently they had a lot of calls to make today and that's why they called so late.

Babyschultz May 7th, 2012 04:07 PM

Re: Beta Levels are in!

Yay I'm glad you got your call back. Hope your numbers double. When is your next draw?

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 04:09 PM

Wednesday :)

*Bobbie* May 7th, 2012 04:27 PM

Great starting number :) I would call as soon as they open tomorrow and ask for the progesterone. You need to get that number up. Mine last pregnancy was an 11 and they said it was borderline. Tell them you would rather be safe .. it can't hurt, can only help.

Purple_cat May 7th, 2012 04:28 PM

The beta number sounds great! Hopefully all the other numbers rise as they should on Wednesday too!

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Bobbie* (Post 26001962)
Great starting number :) I would call as soon as they open tomorrow and ask for the progesterone. You need to get that number up. Mine last pregnancy was an 11 and they said it was borderline. Tell them you would rather be safe .. it can't hurt, can only help.

She basically said they won't prescribe anything until we can rule out an ectopic, which scares the crap out of me. But it's only until Wednesday. Not sure if a day will make that much of a difference to be honest.

*Bobbie* May 7th, 2012 04:48 PM

I would call and beg.... IMO it's silly they are making you wait. Why would they be worried about a tubal pregnancy when you only have one beta in :rolleyes: I would be way more concerned about that number dropping too low than the freak chance that it's tubal. RE's are funny though. They like to see super high HCG. I remember mine was 314 or something at 14dpo and she said it was "okay". Umm looking back, that was pretty darn high. I almost think Matthew started out as twins. I had a decent amount of eggs when we triggered.

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 05:08 PM

I honestly think they just like to use scare tactics at that office. I thought about it more and am going to call my patient coordinator and ask if we can just put me on supplements anyways. I honestly think they are feeling like my hcg levels are too low which I know is complete crap because women can be all over the place with their beta #'s and they shouldn't calculate a pregnancy based on those numbers.

.Nikki. May 7th, 2012 05:32 PM

this is why i freaking hate all this HCG stuff. i know that it is necessary, but how can they even tell what is "low" or "high" when the numbers vary soo much. i understand mostly only the doubling counts, but how do they say "ectopic" without even seeing another number? sorry my hormones are in full effect the past few days.

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Nikki. (Post 26002260)
this is why i freaking hate all this HCG stuff. i know that it is necessary, but how can they even tell what is "low" or "high" when the numbers vary soo much. i understand mostly only the doubling counts, but how do they say "ectopic" without even seeing another number? sorry my hormones are in full effect the past few days.

Agreed, i hate it too.

Papasgirl May 7th, 2012 06:01 PM

Looking good! Woot woot!!!!

rageybug May 7th, 2012 06:38 PM

My 13dpo beta was 62!! My RE called me this afternoon (he figured I didn't call to find out) to tell me the number and say it's an AWESOME number to start a pregnancy with and congratulate us!

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 06:47 PM

I'm not worried about the hcg number at all, it's more the progesterone number I'm extremely worried about. I just want tomorrow to be here so I can find out if my doctor will override what the nurse said.

*Bobbie* May 7th, 2012 07:25 PM

It's low but it should still be okay :) If they won't give them to you call the RE and tell her you want them NOW. :lol: plus it could be increasing right this very minute. I wish you lived here I would give you some. :rolleyes:

sweet.hun May 7th, 2012 07:31 PM

Hehe, I would totally take you up on that offer but they would think something is up if all of a sudden my progesterone was going up like crazy. For a second there I wanted to go to the vitamin shoppe and get some progesterone cream. LOL! I thought that might be bad on my part and wouldn't give me the meds I need then.

*Bobbie* May 7th, 2012 07:44 PM

I bet they give you a script tomorrow. I haven't really given my docs an option I pretty much call and just flat out ask for it and tell them I need it for a sucessful pregnancy. So far three out of three OB's in the last few years have agreed. Gotta speak on behalf of that growing bean :wub: Plus they have your level and know it's needed. They would be dumb make you wait.

.Nikki. May 8th, 2012 07:13 AM

i didnt know you could get this at vitamin stores? hmmm....

sweet.hun May 8th, 2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Nikki. (Post 26004444)
i didnt know you could get this at vitamin stores? hmmm....

It's not as potent as the script stuff obviously, but I seen some while I was there a few months ago and wanted to pick some up (I've had a suspicion about my progesterone being low).

michellelb May 8th, 2012 07:25 AM

Shasta yay about your hcg numbers and boo to your DR!!

Why the heck would they even mention ectopic at this point???

sweet.hun May 8th, 2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellelb (Post 26004531)
Shasta yay about your hcg numbers and boo to your DR!!

Why the heck would they even mention ectopic at this point???

I know, it's complete crap. Mention that after a few beta's have come in, not right off the bat. I really can't wait until I'm out of their care to be honest. I do love the people at the Dover office (they have 3 offices here in Delaware) but the ones in Newark are just down right rude sometimes, and that's who you deal with on the phone a lot.