JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   New and Exciting - July MOTM!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2553160-new-and-exciting-july-motm.html)

kbpeanut July 24th, 2012 02:49 PM

New and Exciting - July MOTM!!

Hi Ladies!

Time for something new! MOTM! MOTM stands for Mom/Member of the Month. Here's how it works:

* Around the end of each month, one of the hosts will put a call out for nominations.
* We will accept nominations for a few days, between 3-5.
* After we have collected nominations, we will post a poll (much like our voting for the themes).
* The poll will be up for about 5 days, depending on when it's posted (and to allow for the slower weekends)
* When the poll ends, the winner is announced :yellowcheer: The winner will get a special blinkie for their siggy!

Some FAQ
Who should we nominate for MOTM?
Anyone you feel has been ACTIVE, supportive, engaging, and an all-around great board member during the past month.

How do we nominate a member?
You can nominate a fellow member by simply sending a PM/private message to me or Rachel with the screen name/name of the person you wish to nominate.

How many ladies can I nominate?
You can nominate as many ladies as you would like!

One final note: Keep in mind that this is a way for us to collectively recognize those ladies that are just great! This is NOT and should not be a popularity contest (though I don't feel we would have any issues with that here!). We are simply trying to have a fun time, and recognize a member who is a great friend to all! It is meant to be all in good fun, and nothing more.

Have fun with this!

If you have any questions, or if anything is unclear, please feel free to ask either of us, either here or via PM! Let's have some fun ladies!

Start the nominations coming! :yellowcheer:

zaney July 24th, 2012 04:35 PM

Re: New and Exciting - July MOTM!!

Yeah this board is so awesome and drama free!! Sometimes I lurk on other boards and they have weird rules that need to be in place because of other people's behavior.
I guess we are still kinda sorta new, but I can't imagine us being rude to extreme late comers because they haven't been with us from the beginning or excluding them or anything (something I guess can be an issue).

It also helps to have great hosts, but I love how every thread gets at least 1 reply and how we all share our experiences and encouragement but still keep the focus on the thread starter in the end.

OK, done with my off topic (though positive) rant, lol.

Lucky Mama July 24th, 2012 04:38 PM

:ditto:
Amen, sister!

missadie222 July 24th, 2012 04:56 PM

Sounds awesome!

WENDYLL22 July 24th, 2012 05:08 PM

Sounds great!!

marybeth76 July 24th, 2012 05:18 PM

Fun! I love this board!

kbpeanut July 24th, 2012 05:20 PM

I'm so glad you are all so happy to be here. You are all just reaffirming the reason why we have such a rock solid DDC!

Now, let's get those nominations rolling in!
x

LadieBug July 24th, 2012 07:42 PM

This is gonna be funnnn!

nursingmama July 24th, 2012 08:53 PM

yay :D

MommaTooters July 24th, 2012 09:36 PM

Woohoo! What a great idea!!!

AmberM831 July 25th, 2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaney (Post 26312541)
Yeah this board is so awesome and drama free!! Sometimes I lurk on other boards and they have weird rules that need to be in place because of other people's behavior.
I guess we are still kinda sorta new, but I can't imagine us being rude to extreme late comers because they haven't been with us from the beginning or excluding them or anything (something I guess can be an issue).

It also helps to have great hosts, but I love how every thread gets at least 1 reply and how we all share our experiences and encouragement but still keep the focus on the thread starter in the end.

OK, done with my off topic (though positive) rant, lol.

:iagree:
I couldn't have said it any better! Love this board!

Tay_new_mom July 25th, 2012 05:34 AM

Maybe this will give me more motivation to post more and be less of a lurker. I never seem to know what to say.

mal91011 July 25th, 2012 05:43 AM

Woo hoo!!

AmberM831 July 25th, 2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tay_new_mom (Post 26314313)
Maybe this will give me more motivation to post more and be less of a lurker. I never seem to know what to say.

Awe! Just say whatever you think about something! Everyone here is super nice, so no one will judge you!

kbpeanut July 25th, 2012 06:11 PM

:bump: Let's get those nom's in ladies!

LilHerndon July 25th, 2012 06:44 PM

:cheer: Sound like fun. :)

kbpeanut July 31st, 2012 10:08 AM

:bump: So sorry I forgot to bump this up! C'mon ladies, let's have some noms! I'll leave this open until Thursday!

iamkc July 31st, 2012 10:44 AM

Hooray! Can we just nominate everyone? :) I love you ladies!

kbpeanut July 31st, 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkc (Post 26341381)
Hooray! Can we just nominate everyone? :) I love you ladies!

I love this idea :lol:

Just remember, we can have this EVERY month as long as you alls are up for it (and actually nominate peeps!!) So, let's get 'em rolling!

kbpeanut August 1st, 2012 03:30 PM

Ok ladies! Poll goes up tomorrow morning! Last chance to get your nominations in!