JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I'm giving up on names... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2576344-im-giving-up-names.html)

lovelyenchanted September 22nd, 2012 09:42 AM

I'm giving up on names...

We can't agree, that's fine...

So, I posted in another name group about our dilemma, and the names I do like... and I was told I'm childish and immature because of the way I like to spell the names I do like. (Hadleigh, Kenleigh, Harper, Emersyn, Addyson, Aynslee) I like Y's rather than i's... My name has a y, so does DD's.

I didn't think I could have my feelings hurt so easily by someone I don't even know. **** preggo hormones. :(

Lucky Mama September 22nd, 2012 10:06 AM

Re: I'm giving up on names...

Boo. People are so rude. I don't see anything immature bout spelling a name with a "y" versus an "i". Seems more like personal preference. I love your names, especially Harper, Emersyn, and Aynslee.

Don't let mean people get you down! :hug:

Briar08 September 22nd, 2012 10:18 AM

Wow, that was rude!

Lil_Mama2B September 22nd, 2012 11:40 AM

How rude! I don't understand some people. I think THEY are childish and immature for saying such things when as Brittney said.. its a PERSONAL preference.. if you dont like it keep your darn mouth shut!!! Go Y names!!!

lovelyenchanted September 22nd, 2012 11:40 AM

Yes, I agree... rude. But there will always be mean people I guess. I was just having a sensitive preggo moment, and it actually made me cry. I know, lame.

Anyway. He offered Bailey today, which I actually like. So we MAY have a winner!

Sawyers_Mommy September 22nd, 2012 01:08 PM

Ooo I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bailey!! It was on our list for a girl except we would've spelled it Baileigh or Bailee. The only reason being is that my cousins name is Hailey so we wanted to make it different :)

marybeth76 September 22nd, 2012 01:11 PM

Oh PUHLEEEAZE!!!! How you spell a name is now a sign of maturity or lack thereof? That is hilarious. People are crazy. I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt :( I hope you're feeling better now, it's not worth it to let freaks pull you down like that. FREAKS!

WENDYLL22 September 22nd, 2012 02:09 PM

Bummer. Why do people have to be meanies? Seriously all those names you listed are excellent. I'm guessing that is why you guys can't agree? HAHA I especially love Hadleigh and Emersyn. Beautiful names.

MammaWannaBe September 22nd, 2012 05:07 PM

That's really rude. I mean if someone really hates it they should keep it to themselves. I think that the "Y" trend makes a whole lot of sense since your name and your DH's have Y's in it. It's a family thing and that's adorable!

I actually really like a lot of the names on your list, my vote is for Aynslee or Harper :)

LadieBug September 22nd, 2012 06:31 PM

That is a very rude and unnessacary thing to say to someone. I can see why it hurt you so much though... this is why I usually keep my potential names to myself. Not because I dont want input- I'm usually dying for it! But I just know that when people say they dont like something, it'll stick in my head and bum me out.
The way you spell names is a personal preference, not something that shows maturity. I really cant believe someone said that to you.

Angel.Eyes4351 September 22nd, 2012 06:44 PM

Wow people are freaking rude AND dumb. How does your spelling preference have anything to do with maturity level? It doesn't. It might be immature if you lay down in the living room floor and kick and scream until DH agrees with your choice, but not a different spelling.

I'm sorry....l. Bump them!

darkbookworm September 23rd, 2012 11:46 AM

I agree with the other ladies, boo to the naysayers, they are mean and their attitude only makes them more distasteful. I love all of those names, my favorite is Harper and Addyson. You said you liked the name Bailey, what about trying a combo of Bailey Emersyn, or Baileigh Harper?

I have never encountered people on a forum like that (this DDC group has spoiled me ^_^), but my MIL acted in a similar way when I mentioned we liked the name Emily when I was pregnant last time. We ended up choosing another name, but her look of disgust got her booted from the baby naming committee.

She tried to convince us to name her Dawn Grace (Grace being her name), because we had to name the baby after her. Luckily DHs family isn't really involved in our lives, so the naming of this little girl is a much happier occasion.

d_tops September 25th, 2012 07:53 AM

I agree, calling you immature because of this is just ridiculous.

It's possible they didn't like the name choice/spelling and may have had a helpful suggestion, and that's totally valid. I mean, part of the reason to post in any forum is to get a bunch of different opinions to consider when making decisions, right? But it's unfair for complete strangers to equate your spelling choice with your character.

Lacey_619 September 25th, 2012 08:12 AM

Some people are just jerks and like to say anything negative on some posts just to get a reaction. I love the names and their spellings! Emersyn is my fav..:)

PickyNicki September 25th, 2012 03:15 PM

:( Some people....

I LOVE Emersyn and Harper.:) You could also spell it Bayleigh- to fit with your other preferences.

I do not think the spelling of a baby name reflects your character.(I have a double name trend that I have to keep up.:p) It's your prerogative.

Lucky Mama September 25th, 2012 07:55 PM

Aww! Bailey is cute! I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. :D

cutebee September 25th, 2012 10:40 PM

Mean people suck. I like unique spellings i think its fun! My sister in law was tossing around the name Oliver to her parents when she had her baby in the spring and they had such a fit about it ( I liked it ) she named the boy Guthrie which they hate even more which I think she did to spite them hahahah.