JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   January '13 Night Owl Chat (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2616985-january-13-night-owl-chat.html)

LadieBug January 21st, 2013 01:33 PM

January '13 Night Owl Chat

This sticky is an ongoing general chat for night owls.
Whether you are up with a partying baby, or just have insomnia, flock on in!

MammaWannaBe January 21st, 2013 02:52 PM

Re: January '13 Night Owl Chat

this is going to be a god send. I am doing the 12-5am shift right now and with how well she has been sleeping ( :rolleyes: ) I'm probably going to need this!

MommaTooters January 21st, 2013 04:46 PM

Yay! I love night owl threads! I'm sure I'll see y'all in here tonight.

WENDYLL22 January 21st, 2013 05:08 PM

great idea!!

LadieBug January 21st, 2013 06:48 PM

Just waiting to be stickied :)

MommaTooters January 21st, 2013 08:07 PM

I can't believe it...it's 10pm here and I'm laying in bed. Sarah Beth in her bassinet next to me, the (very much in trouble) four year old in his toddler bed at the door of our bed, the five year old in his bed in the boys room and the hubs watching tv on the computer! I've got my sound machine cranked up, heating pad on my back, a tucks pad on my butt and I'm praying for a couple hours of sleep!! Wish me luck!!

See y'all in the wee hours!

LadieBug January 21st, 2013 08:13 PM

To sleep or not to sleep is my question right now. Lucy will likely be up soon, and sometimes it's easier on me to just stay awake rather than sleep for 40 minutes and then have to get up.

MammaWannaBe January 21st, 2013 09:22 PM

I hear ya Rach. Sometimes it feels crappier to have had that taste of sleep and then have it taken away than to sleep at all.

We are trying a new routine of DH feeding her at 11:30 and I take over at 12. Idea is I will sleep till she gets up for her next feeding. Too bad she hasn fallen asleep between that time yet....

MommaTooters January 21st, 2013 09:55 PM

Ugh. Well I got a little nap. Little girl decided she wanted to wake up. Thought she was hungry...turns out I think she just wanted to poop!

Hoping4bby January 22nd, 2013 01:27 AM

Up for my first feeding...it's almost 1:30 a.m. ...as he's gnawing on my boob I keep thinking of how's I hate the 3:30 and the 5:30 feedings I feel like crying every time I wake up to feed him lol. If only I could just feed him at 1:30 and say 6:30-7:30... Ahhh now that would be perfect! Maybe someday ;)
I hope everyone else is getting some rest!

MammaWannaBe January 22nd, 2013 01:29 AM

Vivi actually slept 4 hours. I am in shock! Of course her going down now is too much to ask for. I'm trying to disengage but little miss just wants to stare at me! Close those eyes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoping4bby (Post 26999566)
Up for my first feeding...it's almost 1:30 a.m. ...as he's gnawing on my boob I keep thinking of how's I hate the 3:30 and the 5:30 feedings I feel like crying every time I wake up to feed him lol. If only I could just feed him at 1:30 and say 6:30-7:30... Ahhh now that would be perfect! Maybe someday ;)
I hope everyone else is getting some rest!

Those hours are the worst. I agree I feel so much better when the sun comes up. Trying to remember it's only temporary.

MommaTooters January 22nd, 2013 01:45 AM

This too shall pass...right? Right???

We made it a little longer than two hours. But at least during that time I got good rest. Not much, but I was actually asleep. Even better...asleep in the same bed with my husband! Haven't slept in the same bed (well at least all night) in quite some time.

I keep joking that we just need our own rooms! Not really..but sometimes I feel that way! lol
I'd have a very girly room with Sarah Beth.

MammaWannaBe January 22nd, 2013 02:00 AM

Tonight was the first night we slept in the same bed too! We've been bed hopping messes with this chick but last night was better actually. It's more the monitor than anything that causes room changes

Oh if Vivi and I shared a room it would be so Parisan chic

mal91011 January 22nd, 2013 02:16 AM

Even though he slept I was all paranoid mama checking on him. Hes never slept this hard! Well, never as in the 4 days hes been alive.

I twist all funny in bed earlier too and now my incision site is killing me.

MammaWannaBe January 22nd, 2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mal91011 (Post 26999591)
Even though he slept I was all paranoid mama checking on him. Hes never slept this hard! Well, never as in the 4 days hes been alive.

I twist all funny in bed earlier too and now my incision site is killing me.

I did that a few times. Honestly take it easy and don't over do it and you'll heal faster. At about the 8 or 9 day mark I started feeling like I was takin a turn for the better but I can still overdo it at times.

Motrin helps!

LadieBug January 22nd, 2013 10:56 PM

Late night bump.

Not sure why this hasn't been stickied yet, usually those mods work super fast :) Let me go check on it.

MammaWannaBe January 23rd, 2013 12:26 AM

Ok I just slept 10-3. I'm in shock.

This new system is definitely working (DH up with her till 12, last feeding at 11:15ish).

Sweet baby let this trend continue!

MommaTooters January 23rd, 2013 06:39 AM

Woohoo!

I totally skipped out on this thread last night! Went to bed early, left baby girl with daddy to rock her to sleep! I think she got up two or three times but I didn't look at the clock...I was determined not to know the exact times! lol

MammaWannaBe January 25th, 2013 02:56 AM

Good for you Tyra! Get some sleep girl!

My DH and I actually switched off last night and he took 12-5 so I could get some sleep and I just got up to pump and then my mom offered to take the baby for the early am. Back to sleep for me (and I desperately need it. Totally hit an emotional wall last night and need to recharge and get back in the game)

LadieBug January 25th, 2013 11:50 PM

Anybody out there?

Oh what a night.

My kid is projectile vomiting. I'm so defeated right now. Two hours later and I *think* she's falling asleep finally.