JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How much clothes do you have for your LO? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2642588-how-much-clothes-do-you-have-for-your-lo.html)

LadieBug April 11th, 2013 08:09 PM

How much clothes do you have for your LO?

I'm especially interested to compare FTM answers to BTDt mom answers.

I'm currently going through all my baby clothes from DD1 so I can get them ready for Lucy. Omg, she had SO much clothes. In size 0-3 alone, there has got to be literally close to 100 outfits. What was I thinking? I went nutso buying clothes!!! A lot of it still had tags.
I feel guilty for not buying much new for Lucy. I get a few things here and there bc the shopoholic in me can't resist. But I try not to for the most part bc I still have so much left from DD1.

minalyn April 11th, 2013 09:39 PM

Re: How much clothes do you have for your LO?

I bought the bare minimum because all I got from baby shower was clothes. Of course he has outfit in the T's but he never wear the same thing twice in a week so we're good! Plus he never wore NB. I don't have too little and I don't have too much.

nursingmama April 11th, 2013 11:01 PM

i dont have too many outfits he can wear. probably 20 onesies (0-3months) but half of those are long sleeved and its too warm for those here. He has about 5 pairs of pants but he usually is pantless because of the warm weather. I definitely feel like he has enough though. I also have a bunch of stuff from DS1 but they were born in opposite seasons so most of those clothes are still in storage.

Now if I had a girl this would be a whole different story! I would go totally crazy buying all those adorable little girl outfits :)

Jules_loves_beaches April 12th, 2013 02:33 AM

DH would say we have too much, but ou can never have too much adorable girl clothes :). I didn't go overboard in any one size, but I would say I already have 30-50 outfits in each size through 12-18 months. This isn't including the sleep and plays and PJs. I didn't get this much in NB size, maybe 10 outfits.

I pretty much got to put Ember in a new outfit everyday and put my favorites on her a few times. She is still on 0-3 month size and will soon be going to 3-6 month size.

A.Sue8 April 12th, 2013 02:53 AM

I have a few newborn outfits, the lady at the store told us to grab a few but to focus more on 0-3 month stuff and I'm so glad because Julius only fit newborn for a week, but I have so many snowsuits I bought 5 in different thickness for those oh so cold days to those not so cold days and I've only used the snow suit sack my mom bought :/ I love buying clothes but I've def pulled the brakes, especially since my mom sent 2 huge boxes of clothes and has another box on the way. Our basement in full of baby clothes in plastic storage containers. I hope to use it all again I went pretty unisex in color.

mal91011 April 12th, 2013 02:55 AM

I have a decent amount, but everything is either second hand or bought by somebody else. Brand new that I bought him was a pair of pants and a cute carter onesie set. Thats all. So I don't feel bad that he has a decent amount of clothes!!

kbpeanut April 12th, 2013 05:06 AM

I think a decent amount... No clue on a number. We had about 3 newborn outfits when he was born, so we bought more footies and a couple Carter's outfits. He has much more variety in 0-3 and up. He has tons of 3-6 and 12-24 clothes, nearly all of which were gifts!

mommysc2 April 12th, 2013 09:58 AM

Honestly, I don't get that much clothing at this age. They grow so fast and if you have too much you really don't get much use out of it. As long as I have enough to get me through say 10 days or so then I am good! Of course, I have more than that because the #1 thing people give you as gifts are clothes but I personally don't buy that much clothes.....

MammaWannaBe April 12th, 2013 02:38 PM

Too much!!! Lol. I actually didn't end up getting enough NB stuff and had to buy more leggings and sleepers when she was born. I have clothing up to 3T already lol and probably the bulk of my stuff is 0-3 and 3 months but I'm resisting buying more clothing because some outfits she's only worn once and that makes me feel so wasteful!

RobynL April 12th, 2013 03:52 PM

We don't have much. I bought some new 3-6 month and 6-12 from gap a few weeks ago during their 40% sale but honestly most of our clothes are Han me downs or were gifts

Lintu April 12th, 2013 06:54 PM

We received a ton of 0-3 and 3-6 stuff, and I had bought some 3-6 stuff on ebay before Aaron was born. Well, now the stinker has grown out of all of it and I need to go grab some long-sleeved 6-9 month stuff just to hold him over for the next 3 weeks or so until he can wear the short-sleeved 6-9 stuff we received!

joellejello April 12th, 2013 07:37 PM

She has a ton because I received a ton of hand me downs. I'll be broke when I need to buy cute girl clothes in the larger sizes.

marybeth76 April 12th, 2013 08:25 PM

It's weird because I know I had a crap ton of clothes for him but I'm not sure where they all are, lol. I know I didn't have many in size NB; I guess most of them must've been 3-6 months and he isn't fitting into that too well yet so I must've put them away somewhere. We do have tons of onesies, really cute ones, but a lot of them are long sleeved and it's too hot for that here now. I've been shopping a bit though, and it's sooooo fun. I'm ready to dress him like a little man, which my mom hates, lol. She thinks babies should be dressed like babies for the first two years of their lives, which means lots of sleepers and bubble outfits and smocked suits. Yesterday I put him in a tiny white polo onesie and navy shorts and omg I could've died of the cuteness.