JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Sleep issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2642737-sleep-issues.html)

RobynL April 12th, 2013 10:26 AM

Sleep issues

Okay, so a week and a half ago dex slept through the night for the first time. 9 hours! Since then his sleep has gotten so bad! Back to how it was at 6 weeks . He goes to bed around 8, wakes up at least three times a night. Sometime 5 or 6! Last night I was so tired and stressed that when he woke up at 10:30 I gave him an extra bottle of formula ( which I hate doing since I primarily bf). I thought an extra couple of ounces would put him into a good sleep. I was wrong. He still woke up every 2-3 hours all night! I don't know what to do. He used to sleep 5-6 hours them wake up every 2 after that, it wasn't perfect but it worked for me because I would go to bed about an hour after him and get A 4 hour block every night and then maybe 2 more hours the rest of the night. I tried putting my whir in his pack n play for my scent . I even tried bringing him to my bed to sleep which used to also ensure him sleeping well. No luck. I'm sooo tired and stressing. Why won't my baby sleep for me!

Also he isn't a good sleeper during the day. He takes 2 30-45 minute naps and a handful of 10-25 minute cat naps. I'm one tired mama!

LilHerndon April 12th, 2013 11:26 AM

Re: Sleep issues

I am in the exact same boat. Parker is an awful sleeper and it's really beginning to wear me down. He even is on the same sort of schedule as your little one used to be with the first 4-5 hours stretch then every 2 hours after that. But all of the sudden he's sleeping like poo! Awake every 2-3 hours, so as soon as I get asleep he's awake again. And it's not even that he's hungry, he just doesn't want to sleep lol. It sounds like your little one might be in the 3 month growth spurt though since he's eating when he wakes up. Hoping it'll pass for both of us soon, cause this is brutal! :(

minalyn April 12th, 2013 01:19 PM

Maybe he's waking up because he's either too hot/cold. Does he take the entire bottle? Evan STTN 3 times last week then once this week. On the nights he doesn't STTN he's up 1-3 times. And he can take anywhere from 1oz to his usual 5oz then be back to sleep.

PickyNicki April 12th, 2013 02:24 PM

Clairre has been like this the last two nights, too! She will be 3 months on Sunday, so I guess growth spurt could be an explanation... Before that she would sleep 4-5 hours then two hour intervals which wasn't great, but I could handle it. No advice, but you're not alone!

Lintu April 12th, 2013 05:53 PM

I have no advice - if you've seen my posts, you'll understand why -- but I want to offer my sympathy. It's so hard.