JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hair Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2643248-hair-loss.html)

MammaWannaBe April 14th, 2013 07:17 PM

Hair Loss

Anyone else experiencing it? I've heard after havin a baby you can lose hair but I figured since it haven't happened yet I was in the clear. For the past two weeks after I shower I am losing a ton of hair. It's insane and like coming out in clumps. It started after my period ended which was also when I got my hair colored, but I can't imagine it's from that because I've never had issues gettin my hair dyed before and I go darker not lighter so no bleach and stuff.

What gives?! I'm hoping it stops soon because I would prefer not going bald!

SaraSmiles April 14th, 2013 07:46 PM

Re: Hair Loss

I was actually just noticing this over the past week or so. But with me, it isn't just after I shower. Its like all the time. Ive been finding my hairs everywhere! All over my pillow case, on my sheets, on my clothes, I even have been finding my hairs on Joshua! I was wondering what is going on, I hope im not going bald!

luv_n_heart31 April 14th, 2013 08:04 PM

I was just about to post the same complaint, huge chunks all the time. Its everywhere in our house, I cant figure out a way to contain it!

mal91011 April 14th, 2013 10:14 PM

It's supposed to begin around 3 months and yep, it's happening here!! I'm actually ok with it because I have ridiculous amounts of hair and haven't had time to get it cut and thinned out, so this is helping! ;)

MammaWannaBe April 15th, 2013 12:30 AM

Lol that's one way to look on the positive side Meg! :)

Also I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. Why does not start till 3 months?

Actually the more I think about it, I can put my hair into a ponytail and loose a lot of hair. My brush is insane right now! I'm sweeping the bathroom floor like every day it's really just blech!

mal91011 April 15th, 2013 03:32 AM

I think I read that around 3 months is when your hormones start to level out. I just can't believe how much is falling out when I shower!!

marybeth76 April 15th, 2013 04:56 AM

I think a lot of it is all the extra hair that didn't fall out while we were pregnant. Mine isn't too bad yet and I'm hoping it will stay that way.

A.Sue8 April 15th, 2013 05:41 AM

I keep finding my hair everywhere too, I just thought I was going through a natural hair cycle shed stage, I know once or twice a year I always have a period of time where I shed more than usual like during the season change.

LadieBug April 15th, 2013 05:45 AM

I've never noticed this in myself, but I remember many girls from my old DDC complaining if hair loss after giving birth. What a strange phenomenon. I wonder what causes it?

kbpeanut April 15th, 2013 06:54 AM

I actually had this about a month out! It was nuts how much hair I was losing! It stopped after a couple weeks, but I hope it doesnt start again!

joellejello April 15th, 2013 08:12 AM

Yep, happened to me after my son, but mine was maybe more like 4 months out? I know it was after a lot of the other DDC gals. It's from the pregnancy hormones finally leaving your body, it can affect milk production also.

I remember that when the hair that fell out started growing back, I had this one spot right on my part that just stuck straight out from my head no matter what I did. It sucks that now that that section is FINALLY blended in with the rest of my hair, it's going to happen all over again. :)

minalyn April 15th, 2013 08:40 AM

I'm having it like crazy! I'm also on Paragard and read that it can be caused by the copper. :(

Sawyers_Mommy April 15th, 2013 08:42 AM

Yep I've noticed it the past week or so. When I wash my hair I get huge clumps of hair out and then during the day I find hairs all over my shirt and Marshall.

I hope it stops soon becuase I noticed my hair is looking thinner where I part it at :(

MammaWannaBe April 15th, 2013 09:23 AM

Yeah I'm worried that I'll start getting patches. Luckily my hair is thick to begin with so I don't think it is that noticable (I hope)

LilHerndon April 15th, 2013 09:40 AM

Yup mine just started recently too, I thought it was because I gave up completely on breastfeeding recently. I have short hair though so it's not too unbearable lol.

1stbaby April 15th, 2013 11:35 AM

I had this happen after both my older girls, but haven't noticed it yet this time around. I cut all my hair to chin length about 2 months ago so not sure if that could affect it or not.

a1863gal April 16th, 2013 07:22 PM

Mine started a few weeks ago. Happened with my first as well. this time i wasnt so freaked out. With my daughter i was so scared i would go bald. Hope it does stop though with her it stopped when she turned 1.

AnnaTaylor56 May 4th, 2013 11:14 AM

I asked about this to my hair consultant that is hair fall is normal after having a child. He said that it depends on health. I was loosing hair and he suggested to take minoxidil 20 to stop hair fall. Last 3 months ago I started taking it and I saw that the hair fall is decrease than previous. And has no side effects like scale etc on head.

MammaWannaBe May 4th, 2013 12:00 PM

Thanks for the tip! I've actually since found out I have a thyroid issue and am on meds for it. One of the effects of having hypo thyroid ism is hair loss so I'm hoping these meds I'm in will help.

WENDYLL22 May 5th, 2013 05:21 PM

I am having this issue too. I actually clogged my shower drain because of it...not kidding. I had the same issue after having Madison and it eventually went away. I never lost enough for it to actually be noticeable. It is annoying none the less.