JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Eye color (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2644079-eye-color.html)

Hoping4bby April 17th, 2013 06:34 PM

Eye color

Kingstons eyes are still a grey blue I can see little tints of hazel in there but still pretty much the same as when he was born. I am hoping they stay the same but DH and my eyes are both brown/hazel so I doubt he will end up with blue eyes..

I was curious how many if any of our LO's eyes have changed color yet?

For the BTDTM how long did it take before you noticed a change?

nursingmama April 17th, 2013 07:03 PM

Re: Eye color

no change yet in Felix's eyes but Leo's were blue until he was one and then they changed to brown

MammaWannaBe April 17th, 2013 07:17 PM

I've heard it can take up to a year to change. Vivi had the typical slate blue eyes but now they seem to go either a deep almost blueberry blue, to a grey green, or a medium blue depending on what she is wearing. With her skin tone and hair color I'd be very surprised if they go brown. I still can't get over that recessive genes seem to have won out given I am a brunette with brown eyes!

mal91011 April 18th, 2013 01:49 AM

Max's started to have flashes of brown pretty early on. Now, for the most part, hes got some big beautiful brown eyes.

A.Sue8 April 18th, 2013 02:18 AM

Julius still has blue eyes, I have hazel brown/green and DH has steel blue eyes, I know by 6 months my eyes were grey then went green and the brown started coming in, I'm excited to see if he ends up with blue eyes are not. I know blue and hazel are both recessive.

marybeth76 April 18th, 2013 05:49 AM

Lincoln's eyes are still blue. They have lightened up considerably since he was born and are no longer that typical newborn blue. I would love for them to stay blue but we'll see. I keep feeling like they'll probably turn out green like my daughter's.

Here's a recent shot of him so you can see how blue his eyes are:

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...40df08d102.jpg

kbpeanut April 18th, 2013 06:49 AM

Still newborn blue here. DH has hazel eyes and I have baby blues so we are excited to see what Scooter ends up with!

joellejello April 18th, 2013 07:14 AM

Taylor's are still the steel grey/dark blue newborn color. My 2 year olds are mostly grey now with a very slight hint of blue. Mine are green with flecks of gold and DH's are hazel, so we have no idea where his eye color came from.

LadieBug April 18th, 2013 07:36 PM

Lucy has bright blue eyes. I really hope they stay so bright.
My older daughter had blue eyes as a baby, never as bright blue as Lucy's though. Now that she is 3, they vary from gray-blue, greenish blue... I think they are going to end up green like mine. DH has blue eyes.

RobynL April 18th, 2013 09:21 PM

Dex has grey/Brown/blue eyes. I still can't tell what color they will end up being

Lil_Mama2B April 19th, 2013 10:31 AM

Alayna has blue eyes still, theyve gotten lighter since birth so Im hoping they stay blue. I have brown eyes and DHs entire family has bright blue eyes ( so not fair) lol Really hope she keeps the blue, I think brunettes with blue eyes are gorgeous

Sawyers_Mommy April 19th, 2013 12:17 PM

He still has the blueish grey color. At first I though they were going to be blue because they looked lighter but now they look the blue grey again. Sometimes they look darker like they're turning brown and other times they look lighter so who knows. I've heard though that a baby's eyes lighten extremely early if they are going to so my hopes of him having DH's baby blue eyes are probably out. I had hoped he'd have my brown hair and DH's eyes since DS1 has DH's hair (but a bit darker then when DH was little) and my eyes. I def think he's gonna be a cotton top like DH, it's growing in white lol

DS1's were never a lighter blue and by 7-8mths were pretty much brown. They're not a dark dark brown though