JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hey Gals ~ Catch me up... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2644371-hey-gals-catch-me-up.html)

LovelyMama April 18th, 2013 10:15 PM

Hey Gals ~ Catch me up...

Hey ladies, So I've totally been MIA the last two months. It was super difficult the first few weeks but I feel like it's finally getting a little easier. I'm still working (from home) and in school. Almost done with school and SO happy about that.

I miss 'chatting' with all you. How is everyone adjusting to motherhood???

minalyn April 19th, 2013 08:38 AM

Re: Hey Gals ~ Catch me up...

It gets better and better every day! I know if my son's personality is starting to shine so are all your LOs :)

LovelyMama April 19th, 2013 08:42 AM

Hi Minalyn - We both have Evan J. What do you call him for short?

Our Evan's nickname is Ev. I thought about doing EJ but it's not his personality. Funny how that works.

minalyn April 19th, 2013 06:20 PM

We don't have a nickname for Evan but he's got all kinds of other cute names: peanut, pumpkin, baby boy... I like Ev but maybe when he's older.

Sawyers_Mommy April 19th, 2013 07:24 PM

Glad you are able to pop back on for a few! I couldn't imagine being having a newborn, working and school so Good Job!

It is getting alot easier. At first Marshall was pretty fussy and spit up a ton but he's a happy camper for the most part anymore and isn't spitting up nearly as bad. Finally getting adjusted to life with a toddler and an infant and trips out to town by myself aren't dreaded anymore :)

kbpeanut April 20th, 2013 04:13 AM

Glad you could stop by for a visit!

MammaWannaBe April 20th, 2013 07:50 PM

Great to hear from you. I agree it gets a bit more interesting and fun every day as they start to develop personalities. Vivi loves to chat with me and makes the funniest sounds by rolling her tongue. She sounds like she's working on her animal calls!

LovelyMama April 21st, 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy (Post 27300565)
Finally getting adjusted to life with a toddler and an infant and trips out to town by myself aren't dreaded anymore :)

Girl, I don't know how you are doing it with a baby and toddler!!! We are talking about when to start trying for our second and I really want them close but I can't imagine have two little ones.

Viv is SO adorable (all the babies on here are so cute!!). I love her pics on FB. Ev is just starting to laugh. I had him cracking up on Tuesday but it's not consistent yet and he won't do it again.

MammaWannaBe April 21st, 2013 08:26 PM

Thank you :) I know the feeling, when they get going on laughing all you want is for it to keep on going. Even smiles, which are becoming more frequent are amazing. It's the best thing ever. It's crazy how quickly they go.

I hear ya on wanting your children close in age, but I'm not sure how I'd do it! I'm fairly certain we're holding off for another year or two to try for #2 unless there is an oops and we are both super careful so I doubt it (famous last words right?)

Also I agree, our DDC now Playroom is not only filled with the nicest mamas around but some pretty adorable little guys and girls!

Sawyers_Mommy April 22nd, 2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovelyMama (Post 27304103)
Girl, I don't know how you are doing it with a baby and toddler!!! We are talking about when to start trying for our second and I really want them close but I can't imagine have two little ones.

Some days I wish we had waited another year or so, mainly because I feel like all I get done is feeding and holding Marshall. I feel like I'm missing out on DS1 but I love them close together and I know when Marshall gets a bit older and playful, it'll be soo much easier! Plus, Sawyer loves his little brother and I can't wait to watch them play together when Marshall can move around :)

Then there are days that I consider TTC or NTNP when Marshall turns 1 LOL