JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Gym!!/Advice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2644512-gym-advice.html)

MammaWannaBe April 19th, 2013 01:48 PM

Gym!!/Advice

So my mom is in town and finally forced my lazy behind to go to the gym. It's not like I don't want to get into shape I have just be SO nervous about leaving Vivi in the daycare, I don't know what it is. Now that I think about it, besides my mom, my MIL, and DH I haven't left her with ANYONE and maybe that is part of it.

So, my mom and I devised a plan where we would bring Vivi in and my mom would keep an eye on her and get the scoop so I could work out with the peace of mind that she was ok and if anything happened my mom was there. It worked like a charm! My mom got some great info and Vivi was perfectly happy and well taken care of. She also was able to speak to other mother's who love the gym's daycare and gave it great reviews. Now for the actual workout, I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical and was seriously sweating BULLETS. It was pretty lame but it's a start. Tomorrow am we are going to do yoga and I think I'm going to start a Sat am date with my hubby where we make a yummy healthy breakfast and go to yoga together :D

Maybe this was obvious to anyone else, but not to me lol, but if you are concerned about leaving your baby at a gym daycare or something and I know some of you mommies have spoken to me about it, just have someone else go with you and keep an eye on her for future visits. I was going to go as far as my mom come in after me and act as a covert spy, but she decided that was just going too far. Anyway glad I did it and am excited to start getting back into shape.

Sawyers_Mommy April 19th, 2013 02:16 PM

Re: Gym!!/Advice

Gald you were able to go and the daycare seems good enough for Miss Vivi to stay in :)

Don't feel bed, the most i've been able to do on the elliptical is 20 min and I feel like I'm dying lol

Hoping4bby April 19th, 2013 06:09 PM

Ok let me get this straight...so your Mom went with and kinda watched them watch Vivi? Hmmm that sounds like a good idea! My mom has also been a little worried about taking him to day care so maybe I can have her go in and look in on him while I'm taking a class! Good idea!

MammaWannaBe April 19th, 2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoping4bby (Post 27300448)
Ok let me get this straight...so your Mom went with and kinda watched them watch Vivi? Hmmm that sounds like a good idea! My mom has also been a little worried about taking him to day care so maybe I can have her go in and look in on him while I'm taking a class! Good idea!

Yeah my mom went in and spent some time talking with the lady then sort of just moved back and watched the interactions and also spoke with other women who came in and spoke about their experience. It's really put me at ease. The next time my mom and I go we are going to work out together and leave her for like 45 min and then I'll work my way up and be confident leaving her alone.

It might put both you and your mom at ease!

Hoping4bby April 19th, 2013 10:33 PM

Sounds like a great idea! I'll try it!!

kbpeanut April 20th, 2013 04:15 AM

That was a great idea to take your mom! I'm so glad you were able to do that and that it will allow you to start feeling more confident leaving her there!