JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Reverse Cycling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2645993-reverse-cycling.html)

1stbaby April 25th, 2013 02:05 PM

Reverse Cycling

I know there are a few of our babies that are reverse cycling. Has anyone finally gotten a bottle to work and if so what brand/kind?

kbpeanut April 25th, 2013 02:39 PM

I don't have a reverse cycler, but we went through a phase when B started refusing a bottle. He is mainly BF but we like DH to give him a bottle, often before bed, to keep him flexible. When he stopped taking the bottle, we tried 2 new kinds. He had bed using, without issue, Born Free and Dr Browns, plus the occasional Avent. When he refused all those, we tried Tommee Tippee again (which he refused from the first time, just after we came home from hospital). Still refused. Ordered one Lansinoh mOmma and then one Comotomo. He took the mOmma immediately, and better than any bottle he has taken ever. Also took the Comotomo with little fuss. Now he is back to any bottle (except the TT).

Hoping4bby April 25th, 2013 06:32 PM

Re: Reverse Cycling

What is reverse cycling? I am EBF but use a bottle when we are out and about ..we use Dr. Browns and haven't tried anything else.

kbpeanut April 25th, 2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoping4bby (Post 27316968)
What is reverse cycling?.

Days and nights flipped :)

Hoping4bby April 25th, 2013 10:44 PM

Gotcha! Thanks :)

1stbaby April 26th, 2013 07:52 AM

Peyton this week has went from 7:15 am to 6:00 pm without taking a bottle at daycare and she isn't fussy about it either. She then wants to nurse nonstop from the moment we get home until bed and then is waking every 1 to 2 hours all night to nurse.

joellejello April 26th, 2013 08:45 AM

Reverse cycling is when the baby refuses to eat when they are away from momma during the day (usually when mom is at work) and then makes up for it by nursing all evening/night.

Taylor is mostly over it now, we've gotten her to take most bottles. But it took the ComoTomo bottle to get her to do it. It's flexible so DH could squeeze it to stimulate a letdown and she could taste the milk and understand that it was time to eat. She's still only taking 7.5-9 oz while I'm gone for 10+ hours, and I'd like to have her at 10-12. She's been waking an extra time at night and mommy is TIRED!

ETA: We tried sooo many bottles, NUK, Playtex Ventaire, Dr. Browns, Breastflow, Mimijumi, and the ComoTomo. I had 3 others in my Amazon shopping cart if those still didnt' work, the MOmma, Tommee Tippee, and the Adiri. I'm just so glad she's taking bottles though, she'll even take a paci now sometimes.