JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Striking Nerve Pain (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2649216-striking-nerve-pain.html)

mommysc2 May 8th, 2013 07:54 PM

Striking Nerve Pain

During my pregnancy, I would say around 4 months pregnant I started getting nerve pains in my right leg....just figured it was the weight of the baby and my organs all smooshed together.....I had this a little when I was at the end of my pregnancy with my DS. Well, it never went away and it's getting worse and worse. The pain goes up the back of my right leg, up my butt and believe it or not up my crotch..... sorry, TMI! It is so unbearable at times and I get no warning, it just hits me, stops me in my tracks and last for a few minutes. The only relief I get is stretching it or believe it or not walking up the steps.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am going to make an apt for an neurologist but just wondering if anyone else has this?

MammaWannaBe May 8th, 2013 08:17 PM

Re: Striking Nerve Pain

Oof hope you feel better! I've had issues but moreso in my hips. I find yoga is helping though. Maybe some of those stretches could help you? Good luck!

Hoping4bby May 8th, 2013 10:52 PM

Sounds like its a sciatic nerve.aka sciatica. My husband has this quite often. Unfortunately there isn't much that helps. His Dr. recommended a chiropracter and that helped a lot, also he would take a tennis ball and put it on one side ..the side that hurt and sat on it. This helps to relieve it on a daily basis. Stretching also relieves it. Hope that helps some!

mal91011 May 9th, 2013 05:50 AM

I agree, it sounds like sciatic nerve. Google foam roller stretches. When i was in prenatal yoga she had us doing these stretches and they worked amazingly. I would still call the dr though because it could also be a pinched nerve.

Like Mere, i'm still having problems with my hips, especially when sleeping. My left one keeps locking up on me and i pretty much have to pry myself out of bed. I keep meaning to call a chiropracter but haven't gotten around to it.

mommysc2 May 10th, 2013 07:27 AM

Thanks ladies! I made an apt with a neurologist for Monday morning. I will let you all know what he says!

lovelyenchanted May 11th, 2013 03:30 PM

Chiropractics helped me more than anything else. I had an MRI years ago that showed one bad disc and my one from a few months back now shows 2. I honestly think they're both from my spinals, since I had the same sort of burning sensation in my hips/back after each. I had back pain in between my pregnancies as well.

I did physical therapy after the first MRI. Helped a little, not a ton. Went to my chiro, and that helped the most. I started going back to him after I fell during skiing and they fixed me right up. I need to go back again, but just can't find time right now.

Honestly, a neuro is probably going to want you to get an MRI, and unless you have good insurance or don't have a high deductible, I would try a few chiro adjustments first. And if you do end up needing an MRI, don't go to a hospital or hospital based facility, they can charge, and the insurance allows more! Go to a free standing facility.