JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Checking in on my Zantac Mommies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2649542-checking-my-zantac-mommies.html)

mommysc2 May 10th, 2013 06:25 AM

Checking in on my Zantac Mommies!

How are the babies doing?

Are you still on Zantac?

Any improvements?

Sophia has been off Zantac for 6 days now! We slowly decreased her dose until nothing because she was only on 0.7 ml and it never had to be increased with weight, everytime we had an apt the dr would ask me if her symptoms were coming back and nope. So, he said it seems like she grew out of it cause for her weight her dose should have been so much higher so we slowly decreased until nothing! Also, even on the zantac she would still gag on the bottle once in a while and then all of a sudden that stopped so we kind of suspected she was growing out of it! Crossing my fingers it stays this way!

Sawyers_Mommy May 10th, 2013 05:47 PM

Re: Checking in on my Zantac Mommies!

Marshall hasn't been on it for a while. He was on .8ml every 8hrs. I got to where I was forgetting to give it to him (I know, bad mommy!) and then he wasn't fussy or anything to remind me. I eventually stopped giving it to him completely since he seemed fine without it. It's probably been a month or so and no problems!

Xtapolapocet May 11th, 2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommysc2 (Post 27353944)

Are you still on Zantac?

Any improvements?

How are the babies doing? David is responding quite well to the Zantac treatment, he doesn't appear to be experiencing the same level of discomfort he had prior to using it.

Are you still on Zantac? Yes. .5 ml/2x Daily

Any improvements? Yes. David is screaming less than he was prior and he appears to be getting over his 'fear' of burping; he is starting to burp much easier for us.

LadieBug May 11th, 2013 04:50 AM

Lucy is still on Zantac, 0.8mL 2x a day. She still spits up like crazy. But when I've taken her off the Zantac for a few days, the projectile vomit comes back :(
She's gaining weight fine, so some of her food is staying in her belly. She's just a big spitter. I'll likely keep her on the Zantac until she starts spitting up much less.

Briar08 May 11th, 2013 10:22 AM

How are the babies doing? Not so good. We are probably going to be adding Domperidone as well.

Are you still on Zantac? Yep .09 ml 2x a day

Any improvements? He doesnt arch as much and doest cry all the time anymore. He is actually happy now.

lovelyenchanted May 11th, 2013 02:20 PM

We never actually had to start on it. The Dr. said she wasn't bad enough to need it. The spit up has slowly gotten better, and the gagging has been better for quite a while. We switched to all Dr. Brown's bottles, and not too long after, she decided she didn't like them anymore. *sigh* So, we're back to the original bottles, still on the Similac sensitive, and it's slowly getting better as she gets older. She still spits up, but I don't think any more than a normal baby does anyway.

nursingmama May 11th, 2013 09:21 PM

Felix is still on 1ml 2x/day but lately his vomiting has gotten much worse. i think he has outgrown his dose :( He gains weight fine but vomits pretty much nonstop, projectile vomiting, not spit up. Im going to see what his pedi thinks next week at his 4month checkup

Briar08 May 12th, 2013 11:54 AM

Let us know how Felix is doing.

mal91011 May 12th, 2013 05:58 PM

Max was on 1.25ml twice a day and I tried weaning him from it but he definitely still needs it.

Mamayo May 12th, 2013 11:22 PM

My little buttercup is still feeling yucky.

Are you still on Zantac?

We sure are. We give her .07ml twice a day.

Any improvements?

She's in pain when we don't give it to her.

mommysc2 May 13th, 2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursingmama (Post 27357837)
Felix is still on 1ml 2x/day but lately his vomiting has gotten much worse. i think he has outgrown his dose :( He gains weight fine but vomits pretty much nonstop, projectile vomiting, not spit up. Im going to see what his pedi thinks next week at his 4month checkup

:(

mommysc2 May 13th, 2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamayo (Post 27359326)

My little buttercup is still feeling yucky.

Are you still on Zantac?

We sure are. We give her .07ml twice a day.

Any improvements?

She's in pain when we don't give it to her.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by mal91011 (Post 27358969)
Max was on 1.25ml twice a day and I tried weaning him from it but he definitely still needs it.

Sorry. We tried that once with Sophia and it didn't work but then so far this time it seems to be working. We waited a good 2 month though.

d_tops May 13th, 2013 09:15 PM

He's on 2mL (of Prilosec) twice a day. He's fine if he misses a dose (if he's in a deep sleep at night I'm not waking him up to take it), and he's not tremendously fussy. But he still spits a lot. We haven't increased the dose for weight, which is great, but he's spitting enough that the doctor is worried about weight gain. He'll probably be on it for a while longer for that reason.

Other symptoms (fussiness, arching) seem to have diminished, so that's good!