JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   MacLaren Quest for 4-month old? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2649926-maclaren-quest-for-4-month-old.html)

mistletoe May 12th, 2013 12:33 AM

MacLaren Quest for 4-month old?

Reposted from February, because I still bounce back and forth after nine months of doing the same...

So Little Miss A will be in Paris for 10 days (I know, poor us ;) ) next month. I will be renting a stroller (our BOB Stroller was not worth schlepping over) while there. The place lists the MacLaren Quest Stroller as the smallest and lightest (appealing) but says for children 6 months and over. But MacLaren on its own website lists the stroller for 3 months and up. Little Miss A will be 4 months and is a big kid with good (although not perfect) neck control already, so I'm thinking this is the better option. (It has the additional advantage of reclining flat for naps in the park or at a cafe, which is super appealing.)

So for those of you with more experience in the stroller realm, is it not unreasonable to get the Quest and ignore the French shop's recommendation of 6 months? The other rental stroller option (recommended by the shop for 0 and up) is the Graco Mosaic, which seems a bit bigger and more cumbersome and may not lie flat.

Thanks!

A.Sue8 May 12th, 2013 03:26 AM

Re: MacLaren Quest for 4-month old?

I live in Germany and now realize that the smaller and lighter strollers are the way to go, I bought a monster ABC design 6s Turbo and I can hardly take it anywhere indoors let alone fit it in the trunk of my car, and I have a pretty decent size car for living in Europe. I put my little guy in it at a BBQ for the first time on sunday(It also says 6 months and up) and it was fine accept the fact it doesn't have shoulder harness, if it did it would have been perfect. The MacLaren does have shoulder harness so I think it should be fine. Fun travels!

mistletoe May 12th, 2013 09:21 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I figure with getting on and off buses, not to mention fairly narrow sidewalks, sometimes with cars parked on them, the smaller the stroller the better.

Briar08 May 12th, 2013 11:59 AM

Try watching this review. I love this womens reviews.

Baby Gizmo Maclaren Quest Stroller Review - YouTube

RobynL May 13th, 2013 07:02 AM

Yes the quest is great. It can recline pretty far back making it good for little ones. I loved mine and used it before 6 months with my first dd.

LadieBug May 13th, 2013 06:39 PM

I had a Maclaren with DD1 and I believe she was around 4 months is when I started putting her in it. As long as it reclines to be able to give their necks a break, I think it should be fine.

Enjoy your trip!