JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Car seats (again!) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2650346-car-seats-again.html)

Sawyers_Mommy May 13th, 2013 08:56 PM

Car seats (again!)

Ok here I go again lol! I've talked about different car seats several times now. I will be getting Marshall a convertible one this week and I cannot make up my mind!

I had planned to get the Graco ReadyRide Graco ReadyRide Rear-facing Infant Car Seat, Dotastic - Walmart.com but the reviews have me not wanting to.
There really isn't any BAD reviews, mainly just that it's hard to get buckled in and is bulky. I have a small car so I can't really have bulky. I've seen it in stores and IMO it doesn't look that big and I had thought about buying it and trying it out then returning it if it really was as bulky as people said.

Then I seen this one - Get the Safety 1st - Guide 65 Sport Convertible Car Seat, Athens at an always low price from Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
It seems to have really good reviews and people are saying it is really compact. It's also cheaper which is a plus! Honestly the only reason I don't want this one is because I don't like the color LOL but if it's a good seat it shouldn't matter.

Then lastly I was MAYBE considering this - Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat - Walmart.com
It looks super comfy, has good reviews but I can't really find whether or not it's bulky. Plus it's a little more then I was wanting to spend BUT if it was compact too I do like this color better then the Safety 1st and it looks a bit more comfy.

Thoughts?

mommysc2 May 14th, 2013 06:14 AM

Re: Car seats (again!)

ok, I don't know anything about the car seats you listed and well this may not help you but I'll recommend it anyway....I had this one with my DS and I ABSOLUTELY loved it!!! It's a little pricey but in my opinion def worth it! I will be keeping Sophia in her infant car seat until 1 and then get this seat for her (the pink one of course...lol) Just thought I would throw this out there cause I really truly recommend this seat........

Britax Boulevard 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat - Onyx - Britax - Babies "R" Us

Sawyers_Mommy May 14th, 2013 06:46 AM

I've heard good things about those as well. I just can't and don't want to spend $280 on a car seat lol.

joellejello May 14th, 2013 07:47 AM

We have a Myride 65 for DS, honestly, it's a little bulky. It has more of a recline than a lot of seats, which makes it take up more room.

marybeth76 May 14th, 2013 07:50 AM

I've had evenflo's (triumph advance I think) for both of my bigger kids, and we really liked them. They're nice and padded but weren't horribly expensive. I know they fit into our Lincoln LS (smaller car) just fine before we had the van.

SaraSmiles May 14th, 2013 08:13 AM

I don't know anything about any of the seats you listed. But in my opinion, go for the least expensive, try it out, and return it if you don't like it. Then work your way from there. Just be sure they allow returns on carseats of course before you purchase it!

mommysc2 May 14th, 2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy (Post 27362524)
I've heard good things about those as well. I just can't and don't want to spend $280 on a car seat lol.

LOL!! I hear ya!! IT is quite expensive...!!

kbpeanut May 14th, 2013 09:35 AM

We are just now starting to look into car seats because DS is tall and hates his infant seat. I don't know anything about those, but I think maybe buy the one you want (cheapest?) and return if you don't like it!

minalyn May 14th, 2013 11:09 AM

In DH's car Evan rides in a convertible car seat. it's Eddie Bauer and we got it from Target for $100. It's really padded, so I like that. Evan's carseat in my car is supposed to be for taller babies and Evan's feet are just about to hang off the edge. I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading to a convertible seat before he's 6 months! I'm pretty sure this is the one DH has: Eddie Bauer XRS 65 Convertible Car Seat : Target (sorry don't know why it's not showing as a link)

Sawyers_Mommy May 14th, 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minalyn (Post 27363309)
In DH's car Evan rides in a convertible car seat. it's Eddie Bauer and we got it from Target for $100. It's really padded, so I like that. Evan's carseat in my car is supposed to be for taller babies and Evan's feet are just about to hang off the edge. I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading to a convertible seat before he's 6 months! I'm pretty sure this is the one DH has: Eddie Bauer XRS 65 Convertible Car Seat : Target (sorry don't know why it's not showing as a link)

That one looks just like the one I seen at Babies R Us today except it was a Safety 1st. It was $98 and was really padded. I may try it out :)

MammaWannaBe May 14th, 2013 05:55 PM

That does look comfy. I hate Vivi's carseat. It's a part of a travel system but the straps are always getting tangled and it's not as cozy as other seats I've see nor does it have ide head support. I do like the actual stroller though especially now that she is sitting in it normally. I think we have a graco grey and green one

X that. It's a baby trend. Hate it

Briar08 May 14th, 2013 06:34 PM

We have used the Eddie Bauer for the youngest 2 kids and will be getting it for Mika too.

It just seemed to fit well. However it is long. Also this is the new version. My last infant was 9 models ago.

Eddie Bauer Deluxe 3 in 1 65 - Vancouver - Eddie Bauer - Babies"R"Us

RobynL May 14th, 2013 06:45 PM

I have no idea on the ones you listed since I use Britax marathon with dd1 ( by the way I love it!)

But I know the car seat safety board on just mommies has lots of good info and recommendations so you could always repost this there for feedback on the specific seats.

Sawyers_Mommy May 14th, 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe (Post 27364478)
That does look comfy. I hate Vivi's carseat. It's a part of a travel system but the straps are always getting tangled and it's not as cozy as other seats I've see nor does it have ide head support. I do like the actual stroller though especially now that she is sitting in it normally. I think we have a graco grey and green one

I hate Marshall's car seat too. It has ZERO padding and I was stupid and didn't pay any attention to that when I bought it. Plus he's soo heavy to carry around anymore. I would must rather throw on a carrier when we go in stores. It won't be longer anyways til he's able to sit up in the buggy.

mommysc2 May 15th, 2013 07:13 AM

I know you don't want to spend much, but diapers.com has britax car seats on sale for 30% off.

lovelyenchanted May 22nd, 2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe (Post 27364478)

I have a love hate relationship with the same travel system, just a different color. Love the stroller, love the ease of use of the seat, but hate the difficulty of getting the cover off to clean it (not so bad now that I've had to do it 100 times) and hate how it fits in my car. Had I done more research, I probably would have went for a key fit.

I have no idea what I'll be doing for a convertible seat yet. ODD was only 18 lbs at 1 year old, so she stayed in her infant seat for a long time. Lauryn is already at the highest shoulder strap position and she's growing like a weed.

I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. Will have to do some research online and see if there's any word on what fits well in my model of vehicle.

On a side note, I had a safety 1st for ODD and my MIL had an Eddie Bauer (not the same one you linked to, but similar) and they were IDENTICAL except for the brand name and color. I bet they make the seat for EB and they sell them for more based on that little logo (just like many other things).

Sawyers_Mommy May 22nd, 2013 07:33 PM

I ended up getting this one - S1 by Safety 1st Easy Fit 65 Convertible Car Seat - Luke - S1 by Safety 1st - Babies "R" Us

I LOVE IT! It fits really well in my super small Subaru Legacy. It is kinda wide so no one would be able to fit in between DS1 and DS2's carseats but no one sits back there anyways so it's not an issue. Its so comfy and Marshall loves it as well!