JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nosefrida (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2651424-nosefrida.html)

mommysc2 May 17th, 2013 09:35 PM

Nosefrida

What are your thoughts/experiences with the Nosefrida?

What are you/have you used to get the boogies out?

mistletoe May 18th, 2013 02:12 AM

Re: Nosefrida

I'm curious about this too. I have a soft bulb and Little Noses saline mist, but she absolutely hates when I use either. My most successful method so far has had nothing to do with me -- either after she's had a bit of a crying fit, which sends a snot out the nose and I can whisk it away, or something after some aggressive tummy time, she's breathed so heavy she shoots a little snot ball out herself.

She has not, touch wood, had a cold yet, so I am awaiting that to see how we tackle it.

Sawyers_Mommy May 18th, 2013 07:08 AM

I use the hospital grade 'booger getter' as I call it! Its the big brown bulb. I've had good luck with them over any other bulb.

I've never used the nosefrida and I personally never will unless nothing else worked. I think it's gross lol.

kbpeanut May 18th, 2013 09:40 AM

I have it, use it, love it! Bax doesn't mind it either and I might even go as far to say that he likes it! It's very effective!

mommysc2 May 18th, 2013 12:55 PM

The bulb doesn't work well for me, it never did with my other kids too. My doctor recommended it but it's always best to get "mommy referrals" if you know what I mean :smile:

So, I went into BRU this morning and then didn't have it. I even asked the teenaged sales guy and he said no....he actually laughed at me!!! He probably was thinking the same thing as Kelsey......."he's like "the one with the straw"......LOL!!

I saw it on amazon for $12 I think so I may order it...I will probably get it quicker than looking around like crazy. This weekend is my daughter's birthday party so I am limited on time......;)

Lyndsey2013 May 18th, 2013 03:01 PM

I got one, but do not love it. It doesn't seem to work any better than a bulb, and I am too worried about hurting her since 'mommy controls the air flow'.

A.Sue8 May 18th, 2013 03:57 PM

I have a booger bulb and I also use boogie blaster saline wipes after he cries and has dry boogies around his nose. I must admit if I see a booger in his nose I pick it with my pinky finger..GROSS I know but for some reason I can handle it..If someone else got a booger on me I'd lose whatever happened to be in my stomach at the moment. The only time i've used the bulb is when we've had a spit up come out of the nose, otherwise it doesn't have enough suction to get the booger balls up there.

SaraSmiles May 18th, 2013 09:17 PM

I have a booger bulb from the hospital...one of those well made rubbery ones. What we do is I use the little noses saline mist in each nose...let it soften up the boogies for a min or two, then suck whatever I can get out. It seems to work pretty good. He hates it though, but I kind of expect that

mistletoe May 19th, 2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Sue8 (Post 27374507)
I have a booger bulb and I also use boogie blaster saline wipes after he cries and has dry boogies around his nose. I must admit if I see a booger in his nose I pick it with my pinky finger..GROSS I know but for some reason I can handle it..If someone else got a booger on me I'd lose whatever happened to be in my stomach at the moment. The only time i've used the bulb is when we've had a spit up come out of the nose, otherwise it doesn't have enough suction to get the booger balls up there.

Yeah, she gave me this look when I did that, and I explained to her: That's what mothers do. We pick boogers out of your nose." I then :( proceeded to wipe it on my jeans having nothing else at that moment to take care of it. Oh, glamorous motherhood. :)

mal91011 May 19th, 2013 07:45 AM

I'm not above nose or ear picking max. I tell hubby I made him, it makes it less gross.

MommaTooters May 19th, 2013 07:50 AM

I have something similar called Baby Comfy Nose. It works fairly well. I bought this one because you don't have to buy any filters. You just put a piece of tissue in there. To catch boogers. I just don't like how hard I have to suck to get anything.

SaraSmiles May 19th, 2013 09:16 AM

I think that if a mom tells you she has never picked her baby's nose, shes lying! lol

Sawyers_Mommy May 19th, 2013 09:35 AM

I still pick my 2yr olds because he hasn't figured out how and I hate seein big boogers at the edge of his nose!!!

MommaTooters May 20th, 2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarasmiles (Post 27375536)
i think that if a mom tells you she has never picked her baby's nose, shes lying! Lol

exactly!!

joellejello May 20th, 2013 08:06 AM

The nosefrieda is seriously the grossest and most amazing booger sucker there is! lol.

But seriously, Little Noses saline squirter, give it a min or two to soften up those boogies, then a couple quick sucks with the nosefrieda and they can breathe again, all boogies are GONE GONE GONE. I have NEVER had that kind of success with a bulb, hospital one or other. And the boogers stay down in the tip of it, they have never gotten anywhere near the filter that's in there. It's a lot less gross than it seems, I swear.

kbpeanut May 20th, 2013 09:57 AM

Yep, I forgot mention that a couple saline squirts and the boogies come out no problem. And they do always stay in the tip. I wish I had a little thing to clean it with, but other than that, it's my savior for nose cleaning !

mommysc2 May 20th, 2013 11:44 AM

Thanks ladies!!

mommysc2 May 22nd, 2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaTooters (Post 27375410)
I have something similar called Baby Comfy Nose. It works fairly well. I bought this one because you don't have to buy any filters. You just put a piece of tissue in there. To catch boogers. I just don't like how hard I have to suck to get anything.

I was looking into this one too. Is it worth it? Would you buy it again or just stick with the hospital bulb?

d_tops June 4th, 2013 01:13 PM

I put the nosefrida on the shower list, and I'm still thinking about. My favorite (as if it was written specifically for me) parenting book suggests not doing anything except wiping what comes out. The mucous is in there for a reason, and the baby will eventually sneeze or blow it out. And unless you can take the bulb apart and scrub it, that will get moldy and you're just blowing mold into his nose.

I don't know about that, but we did just make it through J's first cold and all I did was wipe when he needed it, and he seemed fine. If he had a lot of colds or was snotting all the time, though, I'd probably (literally) suck it up and get the nosefrida.