JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mesh (breathable) crib bumpers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2653053-mesh-breathable-crib-bumpers.html)

mommysc2 May 23rd, 2013 07:15 PM

Mesh (breathable) crib bumpers

Anyone have one or planning on getting one?

I used the typical crib bumpers with both of my 2 kids and never had any problems. Heck, they were even recommended to get but now as everything else changes they say no crib bumpers so I did return the bumper that came with my crib bedding set.

I figured I would just go without until this week. Twice this week, Sophia's head has been pressed up against the bars of the crib and she was screaming plus twice when I went in to check on her she had her arm was through the slot. So, I am thinking I need a bumper but was considering the breathable mesh ones so the suffocation hazard won't exist.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Sawyers_Mommy May 23rd, 2013 07:34 PM

Re: Mesh (breathable) crib bumpers

I've never used one. I had thought about it but just ended up getting a regular one. I don't worry about them causing suffocation. It's pressed up against the bars good and DS can move his head well.

I've seen them on Targets website and Amazon.com

mommysc2 May 24th, 2013 08:54 AM

I think I am going to get it this weekend. Again, Sophia was sideways and her arm was through the slots. I am just worried that she can hurt herself. I saw them online at BRU for $29.99, that's must cheaper than the regular bumper I returned which was $60. I also have an in store 20% off coupon and a $10 credit so I should take advantage of that! I also want to get Sophie the Giraffe this weekend and I need formula anyway so I guess I will head there maybe on Sunday. Thanks!

joellejello May 24th, 2013 09:46 AM

We used the breathable bumper with my son. Actually, I just took it off of his toddler bed (convertable crib) like a month ago, since it also helped keep his pacis from falling down behind the bed. I like them and I'll definitely be using it with Taylor. My bedding set came with a regular bumper, so it will somehow become some room decoration (when I get to reclaim her room from my nephew, lol)

mal91011 May 24th, 2013 10:34 AM

I've got one on max's crib. He travels around so much in his crib that I am confident the bumper has kept his legs in the crib instead of getting caught.

Lil_Mama2B May 24th, 2013 11:46 AM

I have them on Alaynas crib I love them, I got mine at Target

mommysc2 May 27th, 2013 05:08 PM

Thanks ladies!! I got the mesh bumpers!! I will probably attach it tomorrow!

Leigha24 June 13th, 2013 07:25 PM

i used mine with both girls. they are great for keeping pacis in the crib lol