JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How many Just Mommies do we still have with us? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2655252-how-many-just-mommies-do-we-still-have-us.html)

Xtapolapocet June 1st, 2013 09:53 PM

How many Just Mommies do we still have with us?

I know lately I haven't really been 'active' on this board; my life has been crazy hectic since we started moving before the baby was born. Then after David we have been trying to get ourselves established in a new city and even now....we have boxes yet to be unpacked.

Every chance I have free time (which isn't much), I check in with JM to see how everyone is doing and I have noticed a very disturbing trend. While I used to be sifting through pages and pages of posts to 'catch up' when I returned, I am surprised if I even have one page to sift through. It looks to me as if our numbers have dwindled down substantially after our LO's arrived. While I realize it's probably because everyone is just too busy right now....newborns are a LOT of work! I do also realize many are only connected via Facebook or other Social Media. While I do not have many JM's on my FB FL, if sent a private message I will add anyone who is interested in being connected daily with me (I am generally accessing FB on my cell only and occasionally on the web). :)

So I wonder how many of us are still 'active' on this board....does anyone know?

Sawyers_Mommy June 2nd, 2013 06:26 AM

Re: How many Just Mommies do we still have with us?

I'm still active! I read through a lot more then I post though. I'm counting like 8-9 that are pretty active still counting myself.... It has died down a lot since our LO's were born.

MammaWannaBe June 2nd, 2013 08:10 AM

Yeah I sort of figured it would slow down once we had little ones to wrangle with. JM also could really use an easy mobile app. If they were smart they would invest in one. I'm hardly ever on my desktop anymore so FB is more where I keep up with some of the moms I've become friendly with

LilHerndon June 2nd, 2013 08:13 AM

I still check in daily while Parker naps, but I also more read through than make posts. I totally agree on the app idea, I'd be on here a lot more if I could use my phone! :)

nursingmama June 2nd, 2013 08:38 AM

im here but i usually only have a few minutes to read through a couple posts before one of my kiddos drags me away :/ im on facebook a lot more

A.Sue8 June 2nd, 2013 09:46 AM

I still try and jump on JM once a day, but like everyone else I read more than I post.

Lil_Mama2B June 2nd, 2013 10:02 AM

Im here! I am a loser and I do not have a facebook:rolleyes: But I get on here pretty much everyday.. I somehow find my way here everytime I get on the computer to do homework.. not sure how that happens:p

mrssws June 2nd, 2013 03:29 PM

I'm still here I check in at least every other day but I do read more than I post and I have morning sickness so that's another reason too

mal91011 June 2nd, 2013 06:01 PM

I'm here. I usually check in when I'm at work or up in the middle of the night with max. I'll admit though, I'm sad to see this board slow down so much. Our ddc was my safe haven for so long!!

mommysc2 June 2nd, 2013 06:15 PM

I'm here! I am on almost everyday but like the others I read more than I post.

Xtapolapocet June 2nd, 2013 09:16 PM

Thank you to all who have responded, I am so happy to see that so many of us are still here (even if not posting regularly). It's good there are some of us still here, I would hate to lose contact with you guys - we have such a remarkable group of amazing ladies here! Very rarely do you see such a collective of kind, helpful and upbeat people in one place (especially online). It's refreshing that we're not losing contact with one another even after our munchkins have arrived. Thank goodness for Facebook, too, it's a great way to keep in contact when we're on our cell phones until Just Mommies creates an app for us. :D

I'll keep adding whomever would like to keep in touch via Facebook, for the requests I have already received I have added you; thanks for the friend request invite. :)

mamaginger June 3rd, 2013 05:43 AM

Im here :)

kbpeanut June 3rd, 2013 07:20 AM

I'm here also...and I know I should be posting more but like everyone else, I'm also busy adjusting to life with a baby! I read all the time, every post, but also like others, I am primarily mobile so I don't post as often.

For those that have mentioned JM having an app, I think we all agree that would be awesome (and believe me, the admins have heard it!). But until that happens, there is Forum Runner. That's what I use and its pretty darned good! Way better for mobile posting that just using the regular site IMO!

Oh, and I think I've got most everyone on FB but if not, feel free to add me:

http://www.facebook.com/kbreemts

Hoping4bby June 3rd, 2013 09:50 AM

Just like the other mommies have said ...I am still here and read the posts but its hard for me to reply...but I'm sill here! ;)

joellejello June 3rd, 2013 10:53 AM

I'm here, I usually get on at some point during work hours (oops), but I'm on facebook WAY more often. My son's playroom pretty much moved to facebook exclusively and it's just so easy to keep up on there.

PickyNicki June 3rd, 2013 12:20 PM

I'm here on occasion. I read but don't post much either. I'd friend people on Facebook but not sure how to find you all...I'm not super tech savvy...

www.facebook.com/nicki.hardy.3

Jmcorso June 3rd, 2013 05:46 PM

I am here more than I post! I am the stealth reader! Lol! ;)

Xtapolapocet June 3rd, 2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickyNicki (Post 27416869)
I'm here on occasion. I read but don't post much either. I'd friend people on Facebook but not sure how to find you all...I'm not super tech savvy...

I added you on FB. :)

mommysc2 June 4th, 2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickyNicki (Post 27416869)

DDB!!I just friend requested you!

d_tops June 4th, 2013 11:31 AM

Here, too, reading more than I post. Even though it's not brimming with activity, I still find our DDC/Playroom a really helpful spot, so I'm really grateful for those who've stuck around and who pop in from time to time!