JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Today we honor the Daddy's!.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2658896-today-we-honor-daddys.html)

Xtapolapocet June 16th, 2013 04:32 AM

Today we honor the Daddy's!....

Today we honor the Daddy's out there! In honor of Father's Day, how many our Daddy's out there are First Timers? This is the First Father's Day for my hubby and we're honoring him with a special dinner and a movie. Since my hubby will never again have a 'first' Father's Day, we let him select the plans for the day. What plans do each of you have to honor your husband/SO for Father's Day?

Sawyers_Mommy June 16th, 2013 06:17 AM

Re: Today we honor the Daddy's!....

I just love those pictures! David's outfit is so funny! :)

This is not DH's 1st Father's Day. It is his 3rd :) I told him we would do whatever he wanted so I'm not sure what exactly that will be. He is having to work until 2 but he mentioned he might want to go fishing when he gets off. I also bought two tickets to go see Shooter Jennings (I'm not too crazy about him but DH is lol) who is coming to town next week and DH wanted us to go so I got them. They were only $15 a piece! I'm going to go get a card this morning from the boys and put the tickets in it. I may try to find a quick project to do from the boys as well but I'm not sure what, I'm running behind lol. Also, one of his favorite meals is chicken and dumplings so I'm fixing that tonight as well.

minalyn June 16th, 2013 09:14 AM

We'll celebrate when I get back from South Carolina. I bought DH a card from Evan but I can't get a single stamp anywhere in walking distance while I'm here. We'll probably just do dinner or something.

Xtapolapocet June 16th, 2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy (Post 27451068)
I just love those pictures! David's outfit is so funny! :)

This is not DH's 1st Father's Day. It is his 3rd :) I told him we would do whatever he wanted so I'm not sure what exactly that will be. He is having to work until 2 but he mentioned he might want to go fishing when he gets off. I also bought two tickets to go see Shooter Jennings (I'm not too crazy about him but DH is lol) who is coming to town next week and DH wanted us to go so I got them. They were only $15 a piece! I'm going to go get a card this morning from the boys and put the tickets in it. I may try to find a quick project to do from the boys as well but I'm not sure what, I'm running behind lol. Also, one of his favorite meals is chicken and dumplings so I'm fixing that tonight as well.

Thank you!! We both laughed hard when we found that outfit online. Given the hubby & my career paths, we figured it would be a hoot to have a photo shoot like that. :D

It sounds like you guys have a nice day planned! We ended up not getting to the movies, the show times were too late and the hubby had to go to work. We're going to do it another night when he isn't working. Chicken n' Dumplings ROCKS!!!! I'm sure your hubby will love that surprise. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by minalyn (Post 27451336)
We'll celebrate when I get back from South Carolina. I bought DH a card from Evan but I can't get a single stamp anywhere in walking distance while I'm here. We'll probably just do dinner or something.

Awww! That's so sweet of you! Too bad they don't have any place down there close that sells stamps, that sucks. :(

I'm sure he'll be thrilled to get the card whenever you give it to him. :)

LadieBug June 16th, 2013 08:03 PM

It's not my DH's first Father's Day, but it was his first Father's Day as a daddy of 2!
We had a BBQ at our house with four fathers- my DH, my dad, my brother, and my BIL. It was a great day with family :)

kbpeanut June 16th, 2013 11:17 PM

It was his first! His choice of plans today! We spent the day at Legoland... It was Star Wars weekend (we are HUGE Star Wars fans.). We had a great day there. When we came home he went on a ride (motorcycle) then we went out for dinner. He is downstairs watching one of the SW movies now while I take care of baby and put him to bed :)

Hoping4bby June 17th, 2013 01:02 PM

We went to the I always house and had dinner together. My SIL and her fiancÚ were there also so we all celebrated our men. It was fun ;) everyone brought their DH's favorite dessert. We brought chocolate cream pie and banana cream. It was sooo good!

RobynL June 17th, 2013 08:17 PM

We went camping on Saturday. Didn't spend the night because dex is too young and dh hates sleeping in a tent but my 3.5 year old daughter stayed overnight. Sunday morning dh played in his weekly soccer game then he took a 3 hour nap while I picked my dd up from my brothers house (they stayed overnight camping With her) I made ribs for dinner and we watched Tarzan and gave dh his gifts.

Xtapolapocet June 18th, 2013 02:11 AM

It sounds like everyone had a great day celebrating with their hubby/SO! I hope the daddies had a great day, too. :D

Thanks for sharing your stories. :)