JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What's next for your family? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2661266-whats-next-for-your-family.html)

LadieBug June 25th, 2013 06:59 AM

What's next for your family?

I know it's a little early still for some, but any idea what's next for your family baby-wise?
Are you TTC? Or do you know how long you want to wait to TTC? Do you know for sure your done? Unsure?

MammaWannaBe June 26th, 2013 03:34 AM

Re: What's next for your family?

I go back and forth. Sometimes I want to start now and the. I have nights like last night where she wouldn't go down and has been up since 4am where I'm like, maybe not yet. And then there is that thought that I don't have to have another. Maybe one is enough. But then for some insane reason since I really didn't enjoy being pregnant, the idea of never being pregnant again makes me sad. Clearly I don't have my crap together on this topic. I think that what will end up happening is when she is around a year or so we might start discussing the subject.

nursingmama June 26th, 2013 09:04 AM

we will have another (hopefully!) but wont start trying to conceive just yet. maybe when he is around a year old

minalyn June 26th, 2013 12:40 PM

DH said we should try to have a January family since so far all of our birthdays are in January. I think I'd like them to be 2 years apart so we're not rying for a while.

mojomama June 26th, 2013 02:39 PM

DH is currently looking for a better paying job. If he finds one in the next year or so, we will almost certainly have another. If he doesn't find what he wants (and its not like he doesnt alf already have a good job) we'll be done, and it'll be okay either way.I definitely still want one more, but its not going to eat me up if we don't.

mrssws June 26th, 2013 05:33 PM

As you all know DH knocked me up so I'm just getting prepared all over again :smile:

Sawyers_Mommy June 27th, 2013 05:36 PM

I would like to NTNP around Aug/Sept but DH says no and I think with everything going on it would be too soon to then anyways. I would love to then though.

I would really like to be NTNP by the time he's 18mths or before. I'll have to talk DH into it though because he thinks 4yrs is a good space :(

A.Sue8 June 29th, 2013 02:00 PM

I want one more, we want a Capricorn family so maybe we'll try again next april.

marybeth76 June 30th, 2013 10:00 AM

I'm 99% sure I'm done birthing babies. I still want another child (or two), but I just don't feel like I can go through pregnancy and labor and birth again. And then the several months of joint pain afterwards, ugh. The morning sickness and the extreme fatigue. I just don't see doing all that again, not with 3 kids I need to take care of and who I want to really BE here for. I don't want to miss these years with them because I'm too sick to get out of bed or too tired to play.

Then, the pre-eclampsia scared me, too. I don't want to risk that again.

I want to adopt, though. Really, really badly. I've always wanted to. So, we'll see how that works out. Maybe in a year or so.

Hoping4bby June 30th, 2013 10:47 PM

I think maybe in a year from now we will start to plan on having another one ;) we want them to be close together in age but I still want plenty of time with my little man before we add another one into the mix!

joellejello July 1st, 2013 06:50 AM

We're done. Done. Done. And we've made it permanent also. DONE. :) We are super happy with our 2 :)

kbpeanut July 2nd, 2013 11:13 AM

I have baby fever! We will be making an appointment with our RE soon to discuss when we can do FET or next IVF. Meantime, we are NTNP!

smazerik July 2nd, 2013 08:55 PM

I go back and forth between wanting another one soon and wanting to keep my daughter and only child. I would love to have another baby, and as crazy as it sounds, go through pregnancy and labor again, but then I think I want to give my daughter all my love and attention and I don't want to have to split it between two or more.

mal91011 July 3rd, 2013 05:45 AM

Sadly we are one and done. I would love to have another but that's not happening. My neighbor is a foster mom and i had a big discussion with her last week, so maybe one day that might happen. As for now we're enjoying the heck out of one amazing little guy!!!

Jules_loves_beaches July 3rd, 2013 09:16 AM

OMG, I am SO ready!! DH originally said he wasnt so sure, but he has really come around in the last month. We will probably start trying when Ember is 18 months or maybe a little later. :)