JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Baby will not stop trying to grab his wee wee!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2662856-baby-will-not-stop-trying-to-grab-his-wee-wee.html)

mrssws July 1st, 2013 08:49 PM

Baby will not stop trying to grab his wee wee!!!

The board hasn't really been active lately so I thought I would post this for laughs. Every time I change his diaper his hands go IMMEDIATELY down there!!! Is anyone going through this as well with their LO?Even with his diaper on he's grabbing himself. His pedi said everything is fine down there and some babies go through a stage doing that.I'm hoping he doesn't become a ladies man I don't want him to have 15 kids with 15 different women. :smile:;)

Xtapolapocet July 1st, 2013 10:54 PM

Re: Baby will not stop trying to grab his wee wee!!!

David has started trying it when we give him a diaper change, but he doesn't do it afterward. We try to curtail the behavior as soon as we see it and give him something else to hold onto (a toy, his binky or anything...but himself!). So far it seems to be working, but I caught David just starting as his hands as he was opening and closing his fingers. I think the little ones are just discovering their bodies. They don't exactly know what everything is or where it is. It's so crazy how they figure everything out. haha

nursingmama July 2nd, 2013 10:28 AM

lol! Felix doesnt do this yet but DS1 (who is 2yrs old) most certainly does! He is fascinated by his wee wee lol. I dont worry about it, its normal and he will grow out of it

kbpeanut July 2nd, 2013 11:14 AM

This just started but only in the bath!

smazerik July 2nd, 2013 08:51 PM

My baby girl has started doing the same thing. Well, grabbing her crotch, not wee wee. I know it's completely natural but it is still a little embarrassing if she does it around other people. But maybe it will distract her from ripping her diapers off!

mal91011 July 3rd, 2013 05:39 AM

Max's hand usually shoots down there as soon as i take the diaper off. But it's more like to check that's it's still there, not to play with it. As soon as he sees that it's still there he removes his hand.

Hoping4bby July 4th, 2013 10:39 PM

Haha nope...nothing here yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time! He has found his hands, feet and he puts his fingers together and watches them as they touch but that's about all right now.

Sawyers_Mommy July 5th, 2013 11:23 AM

Marshall has touched his a couple times for a couple sec but doesn't really seem like he's 'found' it yet, if that makes sense.

DS1 found his pretty early on and would put his hand down there the min his diaper came off. It didn't bother me except when he had a poopy diaper and trying to keep his hand away was a challenge! He is 2.5yrs now and if he is naked he STILL fiddles with it! I figure he'll out grow it and that it's just a boy thing. If you think about it a lot of grown men lay around with their hand cupping their privates so I think it's just normal for them lol.

joellejello July 8th, 2013 09:32 AM

Taylor's hand shoots down there so fast during a diaper change that I usually end up having to clean her hand off before I can clean up her butt. silly babies

marybeth76 July 25th, 2013 06:39 PM

Hahaha it's only the beginning. They never stop.