JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   A tooth! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2666054-tooth.html)

d_tops July 16th, 2013 11:59 AM

A tooth!

A tooth popped through on Saturday! It's exciting to see our little grow, but I am going to miss his smooth gummy smile.

I can definitely see a change in him now that he's actively teething. A lot grumpier, a lot needier. (I would be too, under the circumstances!)

I ordered an amber necklace from Etsy. And I know there's Oragel and baby Tylenol, though I don't have any of those yet. In what sorts of ways are you helping your babies through teething?

Lyndsey2013 July 16th, 2013 02:26 PM

Re: A tooth!

Juliana cut her first tooth a week or two ago too! I have been using baby orajel. I tried teething tablets, but mostly she tries to spit those out even before they melt. She likes to chew on her pacifier and teething toys, so I just try to use the orajel before bed. We haven't tried anything else.

Sawyers_Mommy July 16th, 2013 07:06 PM

Woohoo! Way to go LO!

MammaWannaBe July 18th, 2013 03:43 AM

woo hoo teeth! I'm always convinced Vivi is about to pop a tooth and it hasn't happened yet lol. I do have these great little teething wafers that are organic and made from yummy fruits and veggies that she likes to chew on. We also have the teething tablets that dissolve in their mouth instead of the gel. A slightly less messy version. And, if all else fails, the freezer rings are always a hit!

zaney July 25th, 2013 11:09 AM

How long does it take the tooth to really be "out" once it punctures the gumline? Quinn's punctured about 3 weeks ago but no change since then, really. I am SO over this teething nonsense already!

Also, I was warned by a pediatrician about those all natural teething tablets. If one of the ingredients is Belladonna, stay clear of it, as Belladonna is a mild opiate (I joked that maybe they're supposed to be marketed to the mothers)

d_tops July 31st, 2013 08:02 AM

That's a good question. Once his first one popped it didn't go much of anywhere. There's another one breaking through right now, but it is taking a good long time. I read that once it pops through it doesn't hurt them any more. (Of course, that doesn't change the fact that another one is probably on the way.)

smazerik August 2nd, 2013 11:54 PM

I'm using an amber necklace. Haven't noticed much of a change but some moms swear by it. I've had success with Hyland's teething tablets and also a mix of water and a few drops of German chamomile oil. But when none of that is doing the trick, I grab Tylenol. My baby girl cut two teeth within a week of each other. It's been intense to say the least.

topato August 27th, 2013 05:15 PM

harvey is 7.5 months now, and i swear hes going to be walking before he gets any teeth. the kid is taking steps, but no sign of a single tooth... just tons of drool. is he the only jan baby with none so far?

kbpeanut August 27th, 2013 10:57 PM

Bax is 7 months and just last week started cuttings is first! Prior to that it was drool city since 4 months old!

A.Sue8 September 3rd, 2013 01:53 AM

still no teeth over here, I'm convinced he's going to gum it out for the rest of his life.

mal91011 September 3rd, 2013 04:22 AM

Same here - I don't think my kid will ever have teeth!

d_tops September 14th, 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbpeanut (Post 27616148)
Bax is 7 months and just last week started cuttings is first! Prior to that it was drool city since 4 months old!

That's why I think "is he teething" is such a silly question during this time. "Yes" is always the answer, you just don't know when you're going to see one!

(We're up to six teeth already. This kid looks more like a little boy than a baby with all those chiclets in his mouth. :( )

topato November 10th, 2013 09:05 AM

old thread, but, harvey finally cut a tooth. ....and it's november. lmao.