JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/)
-   -   standing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1820-january-2013-playroom/2675114-standing.html)

topato August 27th, 2013 05:32 PM

standing?

any of your little ones standing yet, or trying to walk? harvey was crawling really early, before five months, so i wasnt too surprised when he started pulling up onto his feet a few weeks ago when he was about six and a half months. but hes about seven and a half months now and trying to walk already, and its sorta freaking me out.

btw, how do you have your lo's crib adjusted at this point?

kbpeanut August 27th, 2013 10:59 PM

Bax is 7 months and just starting to crawl. He hasn't really figured it out yet but he's getting close! He has, however, from a very young age, liked to be on his feet so I think if we let him (or he figured it out), he would be standing or trying!

mal91011 August 28th, 2013 06:20 AM

Re: standing?

Max is 7 months 1 week and he is absolutely convinced that he can walk. It's caused lots of bruises but he's overly confident and has no fear. Makes Mommy nuts, but he's very proud of himself. He pulls himself up on everything and lets go. He can stand unassisted for a few seconds, but then he usually falls on his butt.

nursingmama August 28th, 2013 09:28 AM

Felix has been crawling for awhile now but he only just this week has become interested in pulling himself up to his feet. he is so fast at crawling that i dont think he is concerned with walking lol

Sawyers_Mommy August 28th, 2013 05:35 PM

Marshall has been army crawling slowly since around 6mths but last week learned to crawl on his knees. He can pull himself up if he's hold onto our hands or if we're sitting in the floor he'll hold onto our shirt and pull up. Once (that I have seen) I walked into his room and he was standing holding onto his crib. That was a few days ago.

Right now his crib is still on the highest setting. We need to move it down though since he can obvisouly stand up.

Jules_loves_beaches August 29th, 2013 11:07 AM

Ember loves standing and trying to walk. She has taken a few steps here and there, but then sits down. My little baby doesn't want to be a baby anymore!

We just transitioned to the crib and Ember seems to be sleeping much better. I knew she would be a tummy sleeper and now rolls over to her belly and STTN again. For the past 2 months she has been waking. I thought it was teething or she was hungry, but it was probably because she wanted to roll over. :)

LilHerndon August 31st, 2013 09:44 PM

Parker started crawling at 6.5 months, not fast or anything but he can do it. He has been overly intent on pulling himself up though and right now is trying to stand unassisted, but only wants to get himself in the position - he can't have any help or he'll get mad lol! He such a persistent little one, I can't believe how fast this is all happening!

beamermarie September 5th, 2013 06:06 AM

My little one started standing with support at about 4 months, and pulling herself to standing at about five. She just started crawling at 7.5 months, and isn't very good at it. She is obsessed with standing. She'll pull herself up on something and just stand there for like 15 minutes, laughing and hitting whatever she is using to hold herself up like it's a drum set. She's starting to walk sideways with the support.

d_tops September 14th, 2013 07:12 PM

Jay started pulling up almost as soon as he started crawling. He's rolls up over his toes to do it, which is not a good thing, so to teach him how to bend his knee and lift up on a flat foor we're teaching him how to climb stairs... which feels dangerous! (But, it's working.) He likes, actually, he loves standing, but doesn't show much interest in walking yet.

We've had the crib on the lowest setting since he started crawling. I am convinced we'll have a climber, and that makes me so nervous.