JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Food aversions? Cravings? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2648019-food-aversions-cravings.html)

Tiki May 3rd, 2013 02:15 PM

Food aversions? Cravings?

Anyone else have any food aversions or cravings yet?

I usually love anything with sugar in it, since the day after I got the positive I can't handle anything with very much sugar. So no more cookies or sweets :( Even ginger ale is too sweet for me, I've taken to making my own with a ginger concentrate and carbonated spring water. The sweetest thing I can manage is orange juice. My mom keeps posting recipes on my facebook wall for desserts and they make me gag. We usually eat a really balanced whole foods diet with a variety of meats but right now I can't handle any other meat then chicken? I also had a craving for plain Greek yogurt, We usually don't do dairy because of my sons allergy so I took it as a sign that my body was telling me it needed probiotic cultures.

SassyMama May 3rd, 2013 03:44 PM

Re: Food aversions? Cravings?

Nothing here so far. Last time around I craved a lot of fruits - especially pomegranites. But that didn't start until a little later in.

Mad-Watter May 3rd, 2013 04:17 PM

Nothing so far... Smells are definitely stronger, but not making any food unbearable. Though, I did almost gag when my husband cleaned the carpet right by the kitchen while we were making goulash. The smell of that and chemicals was dang nasty!!

BluEeyes May 3rd, 2013 05:00 PM

Nothing yet either, but I didn't really notice any food cravings during my last pregnancy either.

Leah M May 3rd, 2013 06:32 PM

My sense of smell has gotten stronger but nothing makes me feel sick yet. I really like pickles but I don't know if its a craving I liked them even before I got pregnant. I just like them more now

kkalysmama May 3rd, 2013 07:08 PM

I've wanted cheesecake sooo bad since the day before my bfp!

*Bobbie* May 3rd, 2013 07:21 PM

Nothing yet. I eat Paleo...hoping to be able to keep with it. Right now seaweed, nuts and grapefruit makes me super happy. LOL

aarafko May 3rd, 2013 07:24 PM

I'm just really wanting the chocolate right now, not that I've never had a chocolate craving but I haven't been in quite a while. Nothing is bothering me yet either.

kcmommy2be May 3rd, 2013 09:00 PM

With my first, I had terrible aversions to pretty much everything during the first trimester. We pretty much only ate take-out lol. I later started craving the things that dh liked that I either didn't or didn't eat much of, like Mayo and Ice Cream

So far, not noticing any issues with cravings or aversions... just with my hips going out like they did at the END of my pregnancy with my daughter, those darn hormones :P

Ame C May 3rd, 2013 09:44 PM

I haven't noticed any specific cravings yet but I have been eating more than I should be. DH ordered pizza the other night and I was looking forward to it until he opened the box and suddenly I just wasn't feeling it anymore. :ashamed:

kmwilliams May 4th, 2013 02:53 AM

We ate my favorite, Japanese, last night for my birthday and I had I spit out the chicken in my napkin. It tasted horrible to be and the DH said it was the best chicken he'd had there.

momof4mnkys May 4th, 2013 06:37 AM

I haven't had any aversions yet but my sense of smell is definitely in overdrive.

Leah W May 4th, 2013 10:43 AM

Nothing yet. Last time I had severe aversions to everything except peppermints and salt and vinegar chips during my first trimester, but that didn't start until 5-6 weeks along.