JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Mother's Day (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2649569-mothers-day.html)

i:heart:you May 10th, 2013 07:03 AM

Mother's Day

What are your plans? Will you be hanging out with your mom?

dlammers May 10th, 2013 07:06 AM

Re: Mother's Day

Well...one plan for Mother's Day weekend is to sleep!!! But yes, we will probably go visit my mom and DH's mother.

babygirlbaby May 10th, 2013 07:30 AM

Our parents live 4 hours away, so we won't be seeing our mothers. I have to work Sunday afternoon anyways. I requested chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then I'm making buffalo chicken mac n cheese to bring to work. I'm all about the FOOD :) Then on Monday, back to clean eating!

Oh, and I'll sleep in of course!

*Jillian* May 10th, 2013 07:43 AM

My mother died 10 years ago, but I plan on sleeping in and getting pampered by my DH! It's a hard day for me so he always makes sure I feel special!!

kmwilliams May 10th, 2013 07:51 AM

Were actually telling our moms the good news on Mothers Day! We're blessed that both live in the same city so we will see tem both and I know have a happy day. My DH had something up his sleeve for me... He gote a Mothers Day gift from our dog last year so there's no telling what he's up to.

seekingrainbow May 10th, 2013 10:19 AM

Husband has to work in the morning so its just the kids and I and I hope to have a peaceful morning. But my husband gave me my "gift" yesterday before I found out.. a grill!!! Let me tell you, between the grill and the BFP, yesterday was the best day ;) Love my grill so I plan on cooking steaks on the grill on Sunday.. something that I haven't had in years!! Not sure if its craving (I think its too early) or what, but a juicy steak on the grill sounds marvelous!!

SassyMama May 10th, 2013 10:28 AM

We never really do anything for Mother's Day. DH is going away with his friends this weekend so it's going to be me and my MIL (my mom works). We're not going to do anything special I'm sure.

jennmommyoftwobeauties May 10th, 2013 12:10 PM

I am just going to spend the day here with my kids because my husband is gone and my kids are all too young to do anything at this point.

Mayleysmommy May 10th, 2013 02:04 PM

I will spend the day with my mom and MIL

Leah M May 10th, 2013 08:02 PM

I get to tell my boyfriends mom that we are expecting. So it should be interesting. Lol. We like each other. But she lives in Newfoundland so I've only met her once, we talk on the phone often though. So it should be alright