JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   difference in boy/girl pregnancies? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2654738-difference-boy-girl-pregnancies.html)

Fearflyer May 30th, 2013 03:16 PM

difference in boy/girl pregnancies?

Other moms who have had both, have you noticed a trend in symptoms in your pregnancies that are different for boys/girls?

I'm pretty sure this baby is a boy, because with my girls I was very morningsick from week six. Just, couldn't keep much down at all. And with my boys, I seem to get a little more heartburn, maybe. But mostly I just feel much better these first several weeks! This one is proving to be an easier pregnancy, morningsickness-wise. This is kind of a nice thought, because we currently outnumber girls to boys 5-2 in our family. We need some more testosterone in this house!

shell1981 May 30th, 2013 03:38 PM

Re: difference in boy/girl pregnancies?

I have no girls but I was talking to a friend who has 3 of each. With 2 of her girl pregnancies she was hospitalised with sickness. Her other girl she was sick too. With her boys she said she felt sick but was rarely sick. She said with the girls her skin got all spotty and hair got greasey and she just felt awful. But she said she only ever looked healthy with her 1st boy pregnancy. She also said she had to shave her legs more with the girls.
All my boy pregnancies have been different. With my first I felt really sick and was sick a few times each day until 20 weeks and then I was sick in the evening with heartburn. With Jay I felt ok after 12 weeks. Was only sick a couple of times. With Ben I was really sick as soon as I woke up every morning for about half an hour. With Alex I felt sick until 16 weeks but was never once sick.

rmarie9509 May 30th, 2013 03:57 PM

I only have a boy so far but with him I was pretty morning sick threw up maybe 5 times in the first tri. This time Ive only had a few waves of nausea very mild, but im more bloated

OatmealKisses May 30th, 2013 05:16 PM

I had hyperemesis with both pregnancies and have a boy and girl. It's was a lot worse with my son. I have hospitalized 3 times and in and out of the ER more times than I can count. I had a picc line for IV infusions 2-3 times a week.

I probably should have been hospitalized at the beginning of the pregnancy with my daughter but I had a 4 month old to take care of and no family or friends within thousands of miles. But it was not as violent as the first time or lasted as long. It was still violent though. I lost 35 lbs with both of them and only gained 10lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight both times.

Aside from that, it was essentially the same. I think it depends more on how your hormones are going to handle it each time rather than what gender you are carrying.

Christikb May 30th, 2013 07:28 PM

My pregnancies with my son and daughter were almost identical.

jdt May 30th, 2013 07:58 PM

With both my daughters I really didn't get any sickness. If anything i would get a bit nauseous at night time. With my son I had horrible morning sickness from the get go. Got some relief from it in the 2nd trimester but about halfway thru the 3rd trimester i got hit with horrible nausea for a bit. It was really awful.

This time around I am walking nausea case and feeling crappy most of the day. So we shall see.

ERose May 30th, 2013 08:16 PM

Have only had a girl, but with DD I felt great...only symptom I really got was a huge appetite & I craved a lot of spicy food....which is odd for me as I can't stand it normally!
This pregnancy I've had all the symptoms under the sun including bad nausea & food aversions...so if this baby turns out to be a boy then the pregnancies will be hugely different for each sex!

Fearflyer May 30th, 2013 09:06 PM

It's interesting. Sounds like some do, some don't have distinct feelings when pregnant with boy or girl. I'm betting that if there are distinct differences, they'd still probably be different in every mama :) It's been interesting, though. This pregnancy still, for me, has been quite different than any other. Markedly different.

*Jillian* May 30th, 2013 09:21 PM

I had sickness with both. I was tired with both and I gained about the same amount of weight.

Boy:
I felt pretty. My skin was clear and my hair shined.
I had no sex drive
I gained weight only in my belly.

Girl:
I looked a hot mess the whole time. Even when I tried. Dry hair and zits. Blah.
HUGE sex drive.
I gained weight in more places like my legs and arms.

PrettyMommy May 31st, 2013 11:13 AM

I only have one girl but I noticed I was much more hormonal with her. I was very mean and cried all at the same time. I did find that I had a lot more energy with her then the boys and wasn't as sick. Not sure why. So far Im full of energy and not as sick this time around. No crazy mean outburst yet but it's still early lol. I feel like this one may be a girl. Surprisingly I have predicted each of my 4 children and was NEVER wrong.

jennmommyoftwobeauties June 2nd, 2013 03:31 PM

I think that it has to do with how much your body puts off in hormones and whether your body at the current time is going to react to it. Aside from that I have no idea what it is going to be.