JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Take-Out Tuesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2684260-take-out-tuesday.html)

Orangebrittainy October 8th, 2013 03:58 AM

Take-Out Tuesday

What sort of Take-out places do you have in your area?

sareymac October 8th, 2013 04:06 AM

Re: Take-Out Tuesday

Like everything! Chinese, Pizza, Sandwiches, BBQ. . .

shell1981 October 8th, 2013 04:14 AM

Everything really but my favourite is chinese

fmlbulridr018 October 8th, 2013 07:27 AM

Im in a smallll town. we have 2 pizza places and you can order to go from like chinese place, 4 mexican places or one of the other 2 little restaurants in the town, but really just the 2 pizza places... :(

mommaof5girls October 8th, 2013 07:35 AM

We are a small town too. We have two pizza places, subway, chineese, Mexican, jap. and McD's, burger king, and hardees. We have a lil diner too.

I wish we had taco bell, fazoli's and olive garden!

HeatherJ October 8th, 2013 07:49 AM

Everything here. We generally just get pizza or Chinese when we order take out though.

sgh October 8th, 2013 07:59 AM

Oh, gosh, EVERYTHING! Lol. We have thai, italian and pizza places that all deliver. We have pretty much all the fast food you can imagine within 10 minutes drive. Downtown Detroit is only a 10-15 minute drive and there we have Greektown and Mexicantown nd a small Polish community full of SUPER authentic food which is great. We even have an Indian restaurant and an Ethiopian restaurant (which i really wanna try) within 5 minutes of our house. Then 15 minutes north, in the hoitey-toitey area, there's all sorts of more upscale steak houses and fondue restaurants and P.F. Changs and breweries. I love living in this area because we are so close to everything from restaurants to shopping to sporting events and concerts and festivals- there's always something going on.
Side note: One of my families from the Montessori i used to work at has this really neat little bar about 2 miles away from my house that is a speak-easy! It's super cool! It says "Art Gallery" on the outside but on the inside, it's a 20's/prohibition theme bar/lounge and even the bar tenders have on dress pants with vests and bow ties or regular ties and the hostess wears a stylized-era dress. It's super cool to see them make their drinks because of all the crazy potion-like natural flavors and herbs and stuff they put in and their methods!
Seriously, i love this place. Come to Detroit, i swear you wont get shot! We're way more fabulous than that lol. (I should totally be a spokesperson haha!)

jennmommyoftwobeauties October 8th, 2013 08:10 AM

Personally I have no idea aside from the obvious. Pizza I am sure of. I think there is Chinese somewhere and of course there is a place called Jimmy Johns and I read they serve subs.

Julie321 October 8th, 2013 08:11 AM

Everything you can imagine. I can count like six pizza places in a one-kilometre square. In that same square, McDonalds, Wendys, Subway, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Chinese food, and a ton more. Seriously. It's ridiculous the amount of food close to home.

jennmommyoftwobeauties October 8th, 2013 08:41 AM

I must have been half asleep when I was reading that because I thought it said delivery....lol. Anyways we also have ...

Olive Garden, a place called Blazin Onion, Applebee's, and then we have the normals. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the box, Carl Jr.'s, Taco Bell just to name a few. I really want some sonic or chick fil a but we do not have one of those here. :(

fmlbulridr018 October 8th, 2013 09:20 AM

oh i forgot we do have subway, arbys, bk and mc'ds.. haha...

jennmommyoftwobeauties October 8th, 2013 09:26 AM

Yea my kids have been really big on Subway. The nearest Arby's here is like a 15 minute drive. KFC is close but I refuse to go to that one because they do not seem to know how to cook the food.

Mad-Watter October 8th, 2013 07:15 PM

We also have tons, but Noodles is my personal favorite. I think I have had a Penne Rosa with feta at least once a week since I've been pregnant (though, I think that happened before I was pregnant, also).

Aynber October 8th, 2013 08:35 PM

You name it, we got it. The usual fast food, except Hardees which is 25 minutes away, Applebees and OG, chinese, pizza (I tend to pick up instead of delivery because it's faster and I don't have to tip), there's an indian place and a thai place but we don't like them. We also live right by a mall, so I can run in to the food court and get food if I want.

ChristiR October 8th, 2013 11:40 PM

smaller town here.....pizza, chinese, subway, mcd's, burger king, sonic and this awesome little italian familyrun place....omg love it

sgh October 9th, 2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Watter (Post 27713280)
We also have tons, but Noodles is my personal favorite. I think I have had a Penne Rosa with feta at least once a week since I've been pregnant (though, I think that happened before I was pregnant, also).

Crap... now i think im gonna have to go to Noodles and Co. here either today or tomorrow. Lol! Good thing it's right by my gym! Haha!!

MommytoZoeAlyssa October 9th, 2013 07:44 AM

Hardees, Mcdonalds, Long Johns, Subway, Pizza Hut, Pizza Plus thats in the town where I work which is 30 mins from my house.

The town where I live
Pizza Factory, Pizza Plus, Subway, and there is a gas station that sells food like burgers and stuff.. Yep i live in the middle of no where haha

jennmommyoftwobeauties October 9th, 2013 11:26 AM

What is a Noodles & Co.? I wonder if we have one here.?