JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Weepy Wednesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2693476-weepy-wednesday.html)

Orangebrittainy November 20th, 2013 05:00 AM

Weepy Wednesday

Do you cry when you dice onions?
What movie/song/book has made you cry recently?
On an aggravation scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being the worst, How much do other children's cries bother you?
Do you believe that Boys don't cry?
Have you ever used CIO (cry it out)? Would you ever consider CIO?

sgh November 20th, 2013 05:20 AM

Re: Weepy Wednesday

Onions get me every time! I hate it!

Can't think of a song or more tat has made me cry recently though I am generally avoiding anything I suspect will do so right now, lol. I know in the first tri there was some movie we were watching and a chick was trying on a dress and. Cried to hubby that I wish I had gotten a "real wedding". That was kind if a mess. Lol

Depends on the cry. Some cries can be god awful, others I can tolerate. Generally speaking, I think maybe a 3.

Pfffft, I have seen many a boy cry ;) lol

I will let babies cry it out to an extent. Like, licensing standard here in daycares is 10 minutes, at home I will go as long as 15.

sareymac November 20th, 2013 05:29 AM

Do you cry when you dice onions? Sometimes!

What movie/song/book has made you cry recently? Hmm. . .I don't remember what it was but it was recently!

On an aggravation scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being the worst, How much do other children's cries bother you? that all depends. I mean if Gary is whining that can get annoying but crying, ehhh.

Do you believe that Boys don't cry? no. my hubby is super sensitive.

Have you ever used CIO (cry it out)? Would you ever consider CIO? There are some subjects that I do not express opinion about this is one. . .we never did (or had to) BUT do what works for you.

shell1981 November 20th, 2013 06:04 AM

I always cry when I slice onions and my nose runs too, so I get dh to do it lol
There's an ad for a store on the tv at the moment which makes my cry each time it comes on. It's about a rabbit and a bear. Both are excited as it's going to be Christmas. Then as it gets nearer the bear gets more and more tired. The rabbit is sad as his buddy is going to miss Christmas. All the other animals in the forest decorate this beautiful big tree. Then the rabbit drops a present off outside the bears cave. It's an alarm clock with a note to go to the tree. So when he gets to the tree he's amazed with all the decorations and lights. It's just so lovely!! Lol

About 2. It doesn't really bother me. Unless it's a newborn cry it makes me feel anxious, but not annoyed or anything.

I would never say to my boys that boys don't cry. I hope they are sensitive to other people and can express their emotions freely.

Yes I have done it. It made me feel mean, but it worked. I did a kind of rapid return. Where I would put them in their cot and then would keep going back in and laying them down.

mommaof5girls November 20th, 2013 06:19 AM

Do you cry when you dice onions? Yes, depending on what kind they are.... I love onions.

What movie/song/book has made you cry recently? Ummm not watched recently

On an aggravation scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being the worst, How much do other children's cries bother you? It totally depends on the situation... if my girls are whining trying to get their way after I have said no, it can get on my nerves quick. Although I have to say I can tune a whole lot out... SO often says to me, "don't you hear that, does that not bother you?" well four kids later, not really, lol.

Do you believe that Boys don't cry? Boys should if they need to... I have seen SO cry a few times. I have only seen my dad cry 3 times. He was raised that boys don't cry... I think it adversely affects them to be raised that way.... just my opinion.

Have you ever used CIO (cry it out)? Would you ever consider CIO? I agree this is a touchy topic. This is merely my own opinion!!! As babies I do not believe in allowing them to cy it out, I believe if they cry they need something even if it is just to know you are near and they are not alone. We do not use it, I feel it causes security issues that can spill over into later life. That said, as they get older 3-4 yo, if they fling themselves in a tantrum bec they don't get their way, I will leave them to their fit provided they are safe from harm. Those usually pass quicker with less attention given.

FDwife153 November 20th, 2013 06:22 AM

Do you cry when you dice onions? EVERY STINKIN' TIME. never fails.

What movie/song/book has made you cry recently?cant think of one at the moment...generally its a song tho that will get me to tear up cause it will bring up memories of something (ive never cried while reading a book...and i have only teared up at VERY FEW movies.)

On an aggravation scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being the worst, How much do other children's cries bother you? if its like the high pitch scream crying=11.

Do you believe that Boys don't cry? no...it takes a real man to cry. :) and generally if i see a boy/man cry...i cry. cause if they cry...you know it has to be bad.

Have you ever used CIO (cry it out)? Would you ever consider CIO? depends on the situation. if i know they need me...probably not. if they are crying because they are throwing a tantrum and not getting their way...then yes.

MommytoZoeAlyssa November 20th, 2013 07:04 AM

Do you cry when you dice onions? yeah if they are strong

What movie/song/book has made you cry recently? i watched secret life of bee's the other day and cried

On an aggravation scale of 1-10, with 1 being not at all and 10 being the worst, How much do other children's cries bother you? Ehhh depends on who's kid and where i am... In general honestly kids that just scream drive me nuts so 8-9

Do you believe that Boys don't cry? no

Have you ever used CIO (cry it out)? yes
Would you ever consider CIO? yes