JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   January 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Mom's that have had their water break... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1956-january-2014-playroom/2697744-moms-have-had-their-water-break.html)

Brookem December 12th, 2013 12:07 AM

Mom's that have had their water break...

Water broke with my daughter and I didn't know it (really bizarre, I know, but it was on the toilet! I remember thinking "Wow! That was a lot of pee!") but this pregnancy I am feeling pretty good and I want to work (with the public) as long as I can.

If your water broke the first time, did it break the second time? How much water was there if you were standing up or sitting (and not on the toilet :p).

Somewhat related: How long are you going to stick it out at work?

Momof2plus1 December 12th, 2013 02:33 AM

Re: Mom's that have had their water break...

I'm no help here as dr had to break mine both times

shell1981 December 12th, 2013 05:15 AM

With my first baby my water broke a week early. I had no pains, hardly any Braxton hicks, nothing. I woke that morning in a pool of water. So with all my other babies I've put the mattress protector on the bed, but it's never happened again. With my next pregnancy my waters were broken for me at 8cm. Jay was also a week early. Ben was 4 days late and my water broke at 5 cms on there own. Alex was a c-section. I'm paranoid about waters randomly breaking but hopefully it won't happen!!

sgh December 12th, 2013 07:04 AM

I am also interested! Thanks for posting this!

Leah M December 12th, 2013 01:56 PM

I've heard that it doesn't usually happen when you are standing because the baby's head works as a cork. Thats why it usaully happens when you are laying down. But I wouldn't know from experince since I'm a ftm.

Aynber December 13th, 2013 09:30 PM

Mine broke pretty much the same as you. I went to the bathroom (2:45am), then felt a pop low in my abdomen towards the right side, and there was a gush of water. It felt different than peeing, and it even looked different in the toilet (kinda cloudy), so I knew what it was. I called the nurse line, and told me to come in a few hours later at about 4:30-5. I was already supposed to be at the hospital at 7am for induction, so the timing was exasperating.

Brookem December 16th, 2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynber (Post 27855613)
Mine broke pretty much the same as you. I went to the bathroom (2:45am), then felt a pop low in my abdomen towards the right side, and there was a gush of water. It felt different than peeing, and it even looked different in the toilet (kinda cloudy), so I knew what it was. I called the nurse line, and told me to come in a few hours later at about 4:30-5. I was already supposed to be at the hospital at 7am for induction, so the timing was exasperating.

How funny! Timing wise, it couldn't have worked out better for you. YAY for no induction!! I was scheduled to go in for my last appoint before my induction at 11am and had her at 11:13 (41 weeks)... Thank goodness!

I guess we will just have to see :). All pregnancies are their own thing.

I don't know about baby's head acting like a cork... I was sitting on the toilet when it happened so that doesn't make sense for me? (Us!)

jennmommyoftwobeauties December 18th, 2013 01:45 AM

I have never had my water break and they have had to break it. I am really hoping that this one is not the one that I am sleeping or in the middle of a store or something and have my water break.