JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Really? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2589900-really.html)

Sugaree October 29th, 2012 12:27 PM

Really?

I called my Dr.'s office this morning to make my first appointment. They said that I have to come in and have the pregnancy confirmed by a doctor's office before they will set up any prenatal appointments. Sigh. So I guess I'm going to go pee in their cup Friday morning. I guess I shouldn't complain, but really? As if three HPTs all lied?

Kiam October 29th, 2012 12:59 PM

Re: Really?

I can see why, I am sure that a doctors office would get a few people every now and then who are not actually pregnant, so they would have to confirm it.

To me, it would be like a dentist handing out a referral to a dental surgeon without actually looking inside your mouth.

Sugaree October 29th, 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiam (Post 26709275)
I can see why, I am sure that a doctors office would get a few people every now and then who are not actually pregnant, so they would have to confirm it.

To me, it would be like a dentist handing out a referral to a dental surgeon without actually looking inside your mouth.

Yeah, I can see that. I guess I'm just anxious to get the first actual OB appointment scheduled. My BFF's Dr. told her that as long as a HPT came out positive then they would consider her pregnant and went ahead with the first OB appointment. I'd say it's because it's my first, but I don't think they even asked my name so they'd have no way of knowing that. It's a good thing I like my doctor, because his office staff leaves a lot to be desired.

pearlica October 29th, 2012 05:23 PM

My Dr's office does the same thing. I go in on Friday to pee in a cup so they can officially confirm it. I dont mind though. I love my Dr. and it gives me a chance to ask him some questions. After that he will schedule an u/s for week 8 and then my first real prenatal appt. after that.

MarchMom2007 October 29th, 2012 05:44 PM

Ugghhh. Annoying. I understand whey they do that, but still frustrating.

DaniB+3 October 29th, 2012 06:10 PM

That IS annoying. All I had to do was just call in and say I'm pregnant and my OB's office gave me an appointment, albeit one that is almost a month away. No fun!

*Kiliki* October 30th, 2012 04:10 AM

yeah i always did the "confirmation" visit as well....i think its more for insurance purposes than anything....they want it before they'll cover anything....like our insurance covers 100% of all pre-natal visits...so they def want that confirmation!

Sugaree October 30th, 2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kiliki* (Post 26711202)
yeah i always did the "confirmation" visit as well....i think its more for insurance purposes than anything....they want it before they'll cover anything....like our insurance covers 100% of all pre-natal visits...so they def want that confirmation!

I didn't think about insurance. I finally have insurance that is covering maternity care. I'm not used to that.

PrettyMommy October 30th, 2012 12:09 PM

Yeah that is pretty irritating. My doc office wont schedule my prenatal visits until 8 weeks along just to make sure it's a viable pregnancy. It's like they dont want to waste the time unless they think you have a real shot. Which sounds a tad mean but last time I did miscarry at 6 weeks so maybe they have a point. Either way I am waiting until next month to make an appointment.