JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   telling you other kids (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2593275-telling-you-other-kids.html)

tela November 8th, 2012 08:59 AM

telling you other kids

has anyone told their kids about the pregnancy? DS is 3 (turning 4 in feb). i talk about the baby already, mostly b/c i am super sick and need to explain to my little boy why mommy's dry heaving in the car and vomiting in the bathroom all the time. plus he's rough with me (likes to jump on me, climb on me, etc.), so i tell him he needs to be careful now b/c mommy has the baby in her belly. we told him last time as well, and it was HARD when we lost that baby at 10 weeks. of course we didn't talk about that, just ignored any baby comments. for all he knows, i just have a super long gestation period (like an elephant ha!).

ninja_mommy November 8th, 2012 09:25 AM

Re: telling you other kids

We haven't told our daughter yet. We told her with the last two that ended in m/c. We are planning on holding back until we tell everyone else (around 11 weeks.)

TerriLF November 8th, 2012 09:49 AM

I have asked our oldest (3 yr old) if he wants another sibling and talekd a little about a baby and what he would name it, but haven't told him we are going to have another because he would then repeat it..LOL. I can't wait to tell him thought, I think he will be excited. Our 2 year old won't know whats going on so..LOL..

Shea131 November 8th, 2012 09:59 AM

My daughter is 2 1/2 and we told her but of course she doesn't really get it. when I have a big belly it may make a little more sense. She does keep saying she's going to be a sister! :wub:

LessthanThree November 8th, 2012 10:26 AM

We've told our kids but Nathaniel (3) doesn't really care and Norah (1) doesn't understand, of course lol

BeachMum November 8th, 2012 10:49 AM

Nope. we won't tell them until the 2nd trimester. The bigger kids would take it VERY badly if I had another loss so we're waiting and they will be the first to know in our personal life.

Aramsamsam November 8th, 2012 10:59 AM

I told my 2 year old son. He repeated it back to me but has no idea what's really coming.

-erin- November 8th, 2012 11:22 AM

She wouldn't really understand it yet, but I'll probably not tell her much until we tell family since who knows what she'd blurt out!

babieseverywhere November 8th, 2012 11:27 AM

I couldn't help it, we told them. DS, 6, and DD 3 were already asking if they were going to get a new sibling before we got pregnant. Poor DD did say to me the other day that she didn't want a new brother or sister because she liked the one that she already had (DS is 1). I told her that we would be keeping him even after the new baby came, she seemed relieved!

pearlica November 8th, 2012 01:06 PM

We wont tell Tegan till after the first trimester. She is very curious and asks a lot of questions and I would have a hard time explaining to her what happened if we miscarry again.

writergurrl November 8th, 2012 02:01 PM

My elder daughter is 4 and I won't tell her until we tell everyone else (with any luck at 18 weeks or so). For one thing, she'd blab. For another, I don't want to have to explain a loss to her.

My younger daughter isn't 2 yet and I doubt she'd get what I was saying anyway. Or she might point to my belly and say "baby" in front of someone.

Either way, I can't trust them to keep their lips zipped, so they're in the dark for now. ;)

DaniB+4 November 8th, 2012 02:10 PM

Miles isn't really old enough to understand at this stage. I won't tell the twins until we go to the doctor and have our first ultrasound, just to make sure everything is cool.

AIK112018 November 8th, 2012 03:51 PM

I am holding out and waiting to tell them on christmas day, as with the rest of the family.
DD turns 6 next month, and really wants a baby brother or sister.
DS doesnt have an opinion, but I'm sure he will be excited that he wont be the baby of the house anymore. He doesnt like it. (turns 4 in april)

sethsgirl November 10th, 2012 12:02 PM

We told DS1 who is 3 and he insists that it's a baby girl and says he can't have another baby brother lol. Him and DS2 get along we'll for the most part but he really wants a baby sister so I'm afraid he may be a little disappointed if he has another brother lol