JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Can you 'push out' to see a bigger baby belly? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2631715-can-you-push-out-to-see-bigger-baby-belly.html)

OceanGirl March 4th, 2013 07:53 PM

Can you 'push out' to see a bigger baby belly?

This is a silly post but I just had to mention it because I just took some pretty hilarious pictures of myself. For my monthly digitals at the agency, they ask me to 'push out' my belly to really show off the bump. Last month, pushing out really didn't make much difference and I still had a pretty flat stomach. I am going in tomorrow so I decided to test it out tonight and there is a huge difference! If I am standing normally, I have a small bump but it's not super noticeable. However, if I push out, I suddenly look hugely pregnant. It doesn't look like fat pushing out either, it's more like I can use my muscles to push the baby and uterus out front. It makes me look about 8 months pregnant. :lol: I took pictures of myself standing normally, then a picture of me pushing out and a picture of me sucking in for comparison. The results are hilarious. So, uh, now you have a new activity to try at home when you're as bored as me. :lol:

.:fearless:. March 4th, 2013 07:59 PM

Re: Can you 'push out' to see a bigger baby belly?

You should share your pictures like that. It would be fun to see.

k.a.y March 4th, 2013 08:11 PM

I can do the same thing. very funny. I can still suck in and look basically "normal", stand normal and look a little pregnant, or push out and look VERY pregnant ;) Hubby finds it very funny. lol

Kiam March 4th, 2013 08:45 PM

I suppose I could push out, I would look ridiculous though as I have a sway back to beging with.

I can't suck in though.

LadyGamer March 4th, 2013 11:04 PM

I can't at all.

captivate March 5th, 2013 12:05 AM

I can't push out or pull in anymore, would love to see the photos.

With me my posture makes me look bigger or smaller.

HappilyTogether March 5th, 2013 06:18 AM

I can't do either.

jkgreen March 5th, 2013 06:27 AM

I'm maxed out with pushing out! I was joking with my friend and she told me here s no difference except my sides contract a bt... Hmmm.. I'll take it!!

Also this morning, normally when I first get up out of bed... My belly looks kind of normal. But when I get to my stairs... BAM.. There it is..

ninja_mommy March 5th, 2013 06:46 AM

I can still "suck it in" a little, not as much as before though. I can definitely push my belly out a little too :)

mjbaby March 5th, 2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkgreen (Post 27162850)
Also this morning, normally when I first get up out of bed... My belly looks kind of normal. But when I get to my stairs... BAM.. There it is..

This happens to me -- my tummy isn't that big when I first get up, but then gravity takes over and I start to look pregnant a few minutes later.

I can definitely make my bump look bigger if I push it out. From the front I'm still not showing all that much.

bellabri287 March 5th, 2013 05:23 PM

I can suck in a little bit but it more shifts my belly and makes it go away. :P No pushing out at all...