JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   For those with fetal heart rate monitors.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2633535-for-those-fetal-heart-rate-monitors.html)

OnesOnTheWay March 10th, 2013 04:56 PM

For those with fetal heart rate monitors..

Are you still using yours?

Now that I can feel baby's movements I don't really feel the need to hear the heart beat. Actually thinking of selling it even though I've only had it a few short weeks!

lhug_nar March 10th, 2013 06:46 PM

Re: For those with fetal heart rate monitors..

Not as much as before but it's nice for DH to be able to hear the heart beat since he doesn't go with me to the appointments unless it's a big one.

Hsmom85 March 10th, 2013 07:08 PM

I don't have one, but if your not using it you should definitely sell it! I'm pretty sure they have a high resale value.

FYI, if you have an iPhone you can download an app called My Babys Beat that is supposed to pick up the HB starting around 30 weeks. I downloaded it awhile ago and can pick up my own HB no problem, so I am hoping I will be able to find baby's soon :) Doesn't work quite as well, but certainly a cheaper option!

LilSunshine March 10th, 2013 07:19 PM

I have one. I used to use it almost daily, but now that I feel baby moving I don't use it as often either.

I didn't realize there was an iPhone app!

Jessifer March 10th, 2013 07:32 PM

I have one that my friend lent me but now that I can feel the baby move, I don't use it anymore because I know he's okay. :smile:

However, if I were to go a day without feeling him, then I'd probably take out the heart monitor just to check.

pearlica March 10th, 2013 08:57 PM

I sent mine back last week. It was a rental and baby is so busy these days I didnt use it any more.

keekopeeko March 11th, 2013 05:52 AM

I don't use mine as often anymore. But I like having it on hand.. I'm a paranoid sort of person when it comes to pregnancy and with knowing stories like lashs (JM is good for opening your eyes to things you had no idea was a possabilty) I know there will still be panic moments for me where it will be nice to have it

appletree March 13th, 2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnesOnTheWay (Post 27182010)
Are you still using yours?

Now that I can feel baby's movements I don't really feel the need to hear the heart beat. Actually thinking of selling it even though I've only had it a few short weeks!

sometimes I still use it

jkgreen March 14th, 2013 05:24 AM

Well... I use it for my mother. It's her first grandchild and I see her about once a month, so when she is here... I find his heartbeat for her.