JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Breakfast Time!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2636225-breakfast-time.html)

jkgreen March 20th, 2013 07:26 AM

Breakfast Time!!

I'm horrible at eating breakfast at home. I don't like to spend a lot of time in the morning to make something. I feel like I don't eat enough or as often as I should..

What are things you eat in the morning that help you get started and nourish your little one?

Hsmom85 March 20th, 2013 07:34 AM

Re: Breakfast Time!!

I try to keep cut up fruit in the refrigerator, mostly strawberries and pineapple. That way I can grab something quick if I'm feeling really hungry.

I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, so I usually pack a yougurt and bagel & PB or cream cheese in with my lunch to eat for breakfast at work.

bklynfinest77 March 20th, 2013 07:46 AM

i eat cut up fruit as well with normally something super quick like a bagel with cream cheese or toast with peanut butter, toast with slice cheese and tomato, or just a quick cereal nothing big at all

sweetie77 March 20th, 2013 08:39 AM

Same here fruit or bagel with cream cheese

doodoosmom March 20th, 2013 11:09 AM

I make smoothies or eat things like cereal, bagels, eggs or yogurt & fruit.

keekopeeko March 20th, 2013 02:02 PM

I hard boil eggs and eat a hard boiled egg/. Or a Greek yogurt.. Or some cereal..

NinjaCakes March 20th, 2013 02:14 PM

I'm lazy when I first wake up, and if I have class that day I don't have a lot of time. I stick to quick stuff like oatmeal, cereal, or a sandwich and grapes.

Krisnina March 20th, 2013 02:35 PM

I usually have a quick banana. I am on thyroid meds so I can't eat a half hour after I take them, by then I am starved for something but kind of sick to my belly.

OceanGirl March 20th, 2013 03:06 PM

It depends on the day for me. Dh keeps buying Costco muffins, which are delicious but have way too many calories. Other days, I have a grapefruit or a green smoothie, or veggie sausage. Oatmeal is a good choice too, especially if I know ill be running around for a while. Lately my breakfast of choice has been a grapefruit and a small handful of unsalted almonds. Perfect!

mjbaby March 20th, 2013 03:36 PM

Cereal and milk. I usually have grape nuts and a glass of milk. We have homemade waffles and strawberries on Saturdays sometimes.

.:fearless:. March 20th, 2013 07:19 PM

I prefer to stay super healthy...so I eat things like waffles or pop tarts ;)

LOL, sometimes I will have eggs, toast, cereal. Lately though, it is the first 2 :)

bellabri287 March 20th, 2013 09:21 PM

bagel & cream cheese, toast & jam or PB, then fruit as a mid-morning snack.

last week though i made eggsalad and had an eggsalad sammich for breakfast which was delicious!

Logiesmomma March 20th, 2013 09:42 PM

I'm currently obsessed with English muffins with way too much butter.

OnesOnTheWay March 21st, 2013 09:52 AM

I am not a breakfast person!! It's hard for me to eat first thing in the morning unless we go out somewhere for breakfast :-) I don't really like cereal but I'll eat bagels!

offthewallfilms March 21st, 2013 09:54 AM

I'm a fan of something quick in the mornings on the way to work (and getting my wild 4.5 year old ready for school)
Yogurt with cut up fruit or instant oatmeal with fruit or toast
I make my daughter the same.

Shea131 March 21st, 2013 11:03 AM

I typically eat cereal, bagel, pop tart, donuts, or supper leftovers lol. I'm not big into hot breakfast like eggs, bacon, sausage....my choices aren't very healthy :-/

jkgreen March 22nd, 2013 06:31 AM

Thanks ladies! I feel a lot better.. I usually make toast with peanut butter...on Sundays I make DH whatever he wants, which he always wants pancakes, apparently I make them "just so fluffy"...

Easton's Mommy March 22nd, 2013 10:42 AM

This morning I had Mac and Cheese.... mmmmmmmmmmmm!

bellabri287 March 22nd, 2013 11:15 AM

awww im starving and now I want mac n cheese!!!!!