JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Freaking out (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2643786-freaking-out.html)

Krisnina April 16th, 2013 05:14 PM

Freaking out

Im freaking out because all of a sudden today I noticed my underwear was a bit wetter and smells,super sweet. To make matters worse, I'm two hours from home because it is my wedding anniversary, and also the one year anniversary from when I had a d&c last year. We went away to try to have a good anniversary. I'm reading everywhere that amniotic fluid smells sweet. And since I have been on nifedipine to stop contractions since my doctor was worried they would cause my water to break... I double freaked out.

keekopeeko April 16th, 2013 05:22 PM

Re: Freaking out

Go get it checked if you are really worried.. But vaginal discharge changes a lot during pregnancy.. You could just be going through a "watery" phase.. Also, leaking urine is super super common :.

.:fearless:. April 16th, 2013 05:27 PM

So, did you go get checked...or what? And I ditto what Em said.

bellabri287 April 16th, 2013 05:33 PM

Please go get it checked, they can swab it really easy to see if it's amnio fluid. KUP, I hope it's just extra fluids or sweat despite how gross that sounds!

TMI but I have been very wattery down there since I got pregnant, I wear liners daily just to stay dry. So like the others have said, maybe just a wet day?

Krisnina April 16th, 2013 05:33 PM

I called the doctor, waiting for her to call me back. I probably just freaking out.

bellabri287 April 16th, 2013 05:35 PM

Better to be safe, that's what doctors are there for!

sethsgirl April 16th, 2013 06:06 PM

I hope the doctor gets back to you quickly!

Just looked to see what time you posted you called...I hope you've talked with the doctor by now!

Krisnina April 16th, 2013 06:20 PM

Havent heard anything yet, maybe she is not concerned...it's not like I am leaking ...more like discharge that just smells like strong maple syrup.

LilSunshine April 16th, 2013 06:48 PM

I hope they call back soon!! I ditto the others...hopefully it's just a change in discharge, but I agree, better to be safe and ask. :dothug:

bklynfinest77 April 16th, 2013 07:32 PM

hugs!!! i really hope everything is ok .. please keep us posted .... I agree with other it could be a wet day..i have days like that too but better safe then sorry with getting it checked i actually got checked the other day cause i thought i was leaking big time too.

.:fearless:. April 16th, 2013 07:37 PM

That is annoying they haven't called back yet! How are you "feeling"? One thing I was always told was to put a pad on. If it keeps getting wet over and over...its most likely your amniotic fluids.

Krisnina April 16th, 2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:fearless:. (Post 27292412)
That is annoying they haven't called back yet! How are you "feeling"? One thing I was always told was to put a pad on. If it keeps getting wet over and over...its most likely your amniotic fluids.

I'll try that. I'm a little less freaked since she hasn't called, and she is usually awesome about that. It seems to have slowed since I changed my underwear and the smell isn't as strong. (tmi)

LittleMomma09 April 16th, 2013 08:38 PM

When my water broke with my daughter I put a maxi pad on it was soaking wet within 15minutes. Also I didn't have a gush I just had a drip the whole time. I am not saying that is not the same thing you are going through, but I don't think it would slow down if it was your amniotic fluids.

Lexzmom April 17th, 2013 05:22 AM

FYI, if you are spilling glucose into your urine it can smell sweet too...just a thought!

sethsgirl April 17th, 2013 01:45 PM

How are you doing?

Easton's Mommy April 17th, 2013 02:25 PM

Hoping your doctor calls soon!! I will be thinking of you and hoping it's nothing!

Krisnina April 17th, 2013 05:09 PM

I talked to my doctor, I see her tomorrow anyway. She doesn't seemed too concerned. The smell isn't so strong today and (tmi) I am not as wet. I'm wondering if it was the food I ate or something. Anyway, I have my weekly non stress tomorrow, I should know more then.

bklynfinest77 April 17th, 2013 05:57 PM

glad things are lookingup ... hopefully tomorrow they confirm its nothing

LilSunshine April 17th, 2013 06:18 PM

I'm glad it doesn't seem as bad today!! Keep us updated tomorrow.

NinjaCakes April 18th, 2013 02:58 PM

I am generally loathe to share this kind of information, but I've noticed a sweet smell off and on for a while. I hope she can give you some information though, better to be safe :)