JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Over or Under the bump? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2643927-over-under-bump.html)

AmiraX4 April 17th, 2013 09:30 AM

Over or Under the bump?

Do you prefer to wear your skirts, undies, pants under your belly or over?
Elastic band or cotton?

MeggysMommy April 17th, 2013 09:49 AM

Re: Over or Under the bump?

Since my bump hangs low(if you have a c/section work asap to get some of your muscle tone back. I never did and regret it) I pull my pants over the belly. It just feels more comfortable that way for me. And I usually am wearing sweat pants or yoga pants if I'm not wearing my jeans.

tela April 17th, 2013 10:10 AM

undies are below (still wearing my normal underwear). pants are the secret fit belly type, so i pull it over my bump, although it only comes up about half way now that i'm big! around the house pants are below the bump (again, not maternity, just my normal PJ or yoga pants).

TerriLF April 17th, 2013 10:34 AM

I would like EVERYTHING under the belly but most of the pants I have bought are the secret belly that goes over. I hate them, but it was all I could find that fit somewhat right. I HATE! maternity pants. I have very long legs and nothing fits right...

Hsmom85 April 17th, 2013 10:37 AM

It depends on what I'm wearing. Any of my regular clothing goes under- undies, yoga pants, etc. My favs to wear are my lululemon studio pants. They are expensive, but worth it, and I'm thinking about buying another pair this weekend.

I only have a pair of leggings, a pair of dress pants & a pair of jeans that go over. I love the leggings and dress pants but HATE the jeans. The belly material is really slippery & it feels like they are always falling down.

OceanGirl April 17th, 2013 10:42 AM

I mostly wear things low on my bump or under it. I'm carrying suuuuper low this time so it's hard to go totally under without exposing myself. Lol I haven't made the switch to maternity clothes yet. I have one pair of maternity pants. It has the panel thing and I hate it. I think I might just live in leggings and dresses for summer. :)

-erin- April 17th, 2013 10:42 AM

Most go under. I remember it getting really hot with the full belly panel during my last pregnancy and I'm due more into the summer this time and live in a hotter climate, so I tried not to get much that would cover my belly.

Aramsamsam April 17th, 2013 10:47 AM

Underwear goes under the bump. Pants go over, or else I feel like they're falling down. However, I do still wear some non-maternity work out pants under the bump, rolled over if necessary. I don't have skirts, only dresses, and the waist sits over the belly. I like empire waists when I'm not pregnant, too.

OnesOnTheWay April 17th, 2013 10:48 AM

Undies go under... all my jeans are the maternity type so they go over the belly :)

doodoosmom April 17th, 2013 10:50 AM

Underwear & yoga pants I wear under the Belly but I only like the secret fit maternity jeans . I still have some jiggle & loose skin on my lower belly from 2 previous c-section so the maternity pants that go under the belly squish into it & my belly looks weird.

mjbaby April 17th, 2013 10:55 AM

I've been wearing my maternity pants and a couple skirts that have fold over waistbands unfolded above the belly. Yoga pants, pjs, leggings, etc. are below. My belly isn't huge, but I feel like I have no idea what's going on with the underside of it so I feel better having things up over it, at least for work clothes.

LadyGamer April 17th, 2013 11:10 AM

My maternity pants go over my belly. I love the stretchy belly cover thing. Everything else is under.

LessthanThree April 17th, 2013 11:37 AM

Panties go under, pants go over because I have a bit of flabby skin so I feel jiggly when my pants go below my belly. It's also more comfy because I'm carrying high.

Kiam April 17th, 2013 02:26 PM

Everything goes under except for one lair of linen pants I own and I don't wear them often because anything that goes over the bump itches me like mad.

jkgreen April 17th, 2013 02:59 PM

Like most said, undies and non maternity pants go under, maternity pants go over

Logiesmomma April 17th, 2013 03:15 PM

I'm wearing my regular undies so they go under the bump but my maternity jeans go over the bump. I'm getting sick of my maternity pants although I know I have to wear them for at least a month after baby arrives.

keekopeeko April 17th, 2013 03:15 PM

I much prefer under

Easton's Mommy April 17th, 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tela (Post 27293552)
undies are below (still wearing my normal underwear). pants are the secret fit belly type, so i pull it over my bump, although it only comes up about half way now that i'm big! around the house pants are below the bump (again, not maternity, just my normal PJ or yoga pants).

:ditto: everything!

lhug_nar April 17th, 2013 03:41 PM

Under the belly for underwear and pants.

offthewallfilms April 17th, 2013 04:16 PM

Under!