JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Phew! Dodged a bullet (in a sense) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2644069-phew-dodged-bullet-sense.html)

apradams April 17th, 2013 05:36 PM

Phew! Dodged a bullet (in a sense)

OK -- here is my history. I had fertility for both of my previous boys, did the gastric sleeve in July 2012, ended up preggo in November (found out while waiting for hysterectomy - operating room had emergency so I got pushed back time wise - but still scheduled for that day) Had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies, but it stayed with my last who will be turning 6 in may. Since the sleeve, I have been off of all medications and sugars have been completely under control. Started testing sugars again 4 times per day to be safe and they had been doing great. SOOOO I slacked off and got out of the habit. Eating has not been the best with this pregnancy bc I have had cravings but I still only eat small amounts at a time. Well dr. wanted to check my A1C level (average over last 3 months) and skip the glucose test bc of history. Got the call today and she wrote PERFECT for my tests. PHEW!!!!! I was freaking out and feeling guilty bc I know how important it is to maintain control of my sugars, just gave in for selfish reasons. I am back to watching closely now and realizing that bc of the sleeve, my medical status of diabetes had reversed itself and is being maintained. Thank goodness. Just had to tell someone.

Have a great night,
April and soon to meet baby Emmit

ninja_mommy April 17th, 2013 05:41 PM

Re: Phew! Dodged a bullet (in a sense)

Yay! :yellowcheer:

MeggysMommy April 17th, 2013 05:45 PM

Glad everything came back great!!

bklynfinest77 April 17th, 2013 05:51 PM

what good news .. i know your happy..keep it up

apradams April 17th, 2013 05:54 PM

Very happy and watching things much closer. I need to for our little man. i know the bad that can happen when things are hard to control or out of control. This is a gift and I need to take it and be great full things came out fine. Next time I may not be so lucky! Thanks for the positive support ladies. Not sure if I could deal with a serious "you ought to be ashamed of yourself" butt chewing right now. Been real emotional lately.
Hugs

apradams April 17th, 2013 05:54 PM

Very happy and watching things much closer. I need to for our little man. i know the bad that can happen when things are hard to control or out of control. This is a gift and I need to take it and be great full things came out fine. Next time I may not be so lucky! Thanks for the positive support ladies. Not sure if I could deal with a serious "you ought to be ashamed of yourself" butt chewing right now. Been real emotional lately.
Hugs

mommytomattea April 17th, 2013 06:17 PM

yay you should be proud of yourself!! Keep it up :)

AmiraX4 April 17th, 2013 06:17 PM

Yyaahhhaa......!!!

Easton's Mommy April 17th, 2013 07:07 PM

Thats great news! A big sigh of relief I am sure!

tela April 18th, 2013 09:15 AM

that is great news!!!