JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Routine 3rd Trimester Routine Growth and Development Scan ? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2644074-routine-3rd-trimester-routine-growth-and-development-scan.html)

appletree April 17th, 2013 06:07 PM

Routine 3rd Trimester Routine Growth and Development Scan ?

Anyone elses drs do routine Growth and development scans in the third trimester?

(32-33 weekish)?

I have not had one this late before.
Is it normal where you are?

Kiam April 17th, 2013 07:08 PM

Re: Routine 3rd Trimester Routine Growth and Development Scan ?

Not the norm here.

doodoosmom April 17th, 2013 07:16 PM

I'm not sure yet. At my previous Dr office they didn't but I'm not sure about this office.

Hsmom85 April 17th, 2013 07:35 PM

The norm here is ONE 20 week scan. That's it.

I've had more for dating/high risk reasons, and will have a growth scan at 34 weeks because baby is measuring a bit big, so the doctor offered one to calm my nerves.

MeggysMommy April 17th, 2013 07:54 PM

For being high risk I will have one and I had 2 last pregnancy.

bellabri287 April 17th, 2013 08:08 PM

The DR seems to measure the babies bellies, legs, arms, and heads often recently, @ 20wk, 23wk, and then again next tuesday at 27wk. But they aren't fancy, just 2d u/s where he measures stuff.

Shea131 April 17th, 2013 09:03 PM

I'm at the same office as with dd and with dd I didn't have one after the 20 week until I was late and they had to check fluid. This time, they've mentioned doing one at 34 weeks to check baby's position but if they can tell from the outside that baby is head down then I'm going to try and avoid another one.

appletree April 17th, 2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shea131 (Post 27295691)
I'm at the same office as with dd and with dd I didn't have one after the 20 week until I was late and they had to check fluid. This time, they've mentioned doing one at 34 weeks to check baby's position but if they can tell from the outside that baby is head down then I'm going to try and avoid another one.

Hi Shea,
Yes the dr commented he wanted to know what position LO was in even though im having a c-sec, kind of strange

TerriLF April 18th, 2013 05:17 AM

Yup. I have had one around 30-33 weeks with every pregnancy. Mine this time is actually at my next apt on May 6th. I'll be 30 weeks.

Aramsamsam April 18th, 2013 05:30 AM

Nope, the last scan was 20 weeks (here in the midwest). During my 1st pregnancy I was scanned late when my uterus measured small, but it wasn't routine there (CA) either.

-erin- April 18th, 2013 05:34 AM

I know I had one last time around at 28w, and then again probably 32-34 since I was measuring big. I know I also had one on my due date making sure all was going well at that point.

I don't know what I'll get this time at this practice. I was only measuring one week ahead, externally, at my last appt. I dont think their paperwork mentioned any more scans, at least that they do routinely.

keekopeeko April 18th, 2013 07:06 AM

Not normal here either... Although towards the end they will sometimes do a quick ultra sound to make sure baby is head down.. And then if I go past due they check amniotic fluid levels...

ahruska April 18th, 2013 07:56 AM

Nope, just a dating US and the 20 week US. My OB can tell from feeling if baby is head down.

Sugaree April 18th, 2013 08:02 AM

They say to only expect a dating scan at 8 weeks and an anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I had to have a scan done at 26 weeks to check previa and could have another to check position at 36 weeks or so. They also offer a 4D scan, which my MIL really, really wants. I'll do that if she pays for it and it's on a day I won't have to take off work.

tela April 18th, 2013 08:57 AM

nope, here they only do the 20 week anatomy scan. i had more earlier u/s b/c of my previous loss.

countrygirl95648 April 18th, 2013 09:11 AM

Not sure what routine is, I have only had high risk pregnancies due to my blood disorder, I get a scan 1 to 2 times a month, check growth movement, fluid levels. Its great to get to see him all the time but nerve racking every time, wondering if something is wrong. I have one on thursday.

AmiraX4 April 18th, 2013 09:18 AM

I think it depends on the place and provider. I have had multiple ones before in early and late pregnancy and then a couple with only 2.

ninja_mommy April 18th, 2013 09:47 AM

Not the norm for me either. I have military insurance though so they are pretty strict about u/s.

OnesOnTheWay April 18th, 2013 01:14 PM

Here we have an initial u/s (6-7 weeks)... the next one between 17-20 weeks and then the last routine one is the start of the 3rd trimester at 28 weeks.

.:fearless:. April 18th, 2013 06:10 PM

If they can get your insurance to pay for it, they will do it :p

I have a "growth scan" done around 33/34 weeks with my last baby cause I was measuring 4 weeks ahead and it was just real quick.