JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I can't reach the bottom of the washing machine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2644340-i-cant-reach-bottom-washing-machine.html)

Kiam April 18th, 2013 07:38 PM

I can't reach the bottom of the washing machine

Stomach is in the way. I had to use long barbecue tongs to get the socks out of the bottom. Curse you top loader.

List mundane things that are now getting difficult to do.

bklynfinest77 April 18th, 2013 07:45 PM

Re: I can't reach the bottom of the washing machine

lol to funny ... I have a top loader too and im sure i cant either but ive been i having my kids doing laundry now

-erin- April 18th, 2013 08:07 PM

Haha I was just telling dh last weekend I almost couldn't reach so he'll have to do all the laundry soon ;)

lhug_nar April 18th, 2013 08:32 PM

We had a top loader when I was pregnant with DS3, I had to turn sideways with my hip along the washer to be able to get the laundry out... I'm thankful for my front loader this time!

OnesOnTheWay April 18th, 2013 10:45 PM

LOL... that is so funny i am glad I wasn't in the middle of drinking something while reading it!
I can hardly reach the bottom of the washer NOT pregnant because I am so short... I have a stool I have to use lol!!

getnthere April 18th, 2013 10:50 PM

I cant reach things on top shelf because I'm so far back.
I can't see well anything to shave. Its not pretty!
I hate putting on underwear Im catching a foot and socks and shoes are getting there too.

Kiam April 18th, 2013 11:03 PM

I pretty much alternate between velcro shoes and my knee high flat boots because laces are much easier to tie up at my knees than at my feet.

Shoes were easier in the summer, but now it's too cold for flip flops or ballet flats, my toes will freeze.

(I did type thongs the first time, then realised that you guys will laugh at me about the whole thongs on feet thing)

jkgreen April 19th, 2013 03:22 AM

I was at the grocery store last night and what I needed was in the back of the open coolers...you know the ones in the middle of the aisles? I couldn't reach. It took awhile for me to realize that I was not going to get it without climbing in.... And by the time I realized I wasn't going to get it, my husband was about as red as a tomato from laughing. Apparently I had this determined look and the tip of my tongue out the side of my mouth.. Though I don't recall ever doing that before... I think he fibbed about that detail.
I wanted the box of cream cheese and raspberry toaster strudels in case if you were wondering.

mommamuffin April 19th, 2013 05:26 AM

I can't reach my washer either! Combination of belly and being too short (I'm just barely five feet tall). It's a little amusing, but when you cloth diaper it's no laughing matter! :P

AmiraX4 April 19th, 2013 09:23 AM

too funny....thankfully I have front loaders.

I am begining to have a hard time reaching the kitchen blinds string thingy. I have to lean in sidways.

Its also getting kinda tricky to get to manicure my own toes. My bump is in the way of me putting my knee to chest.

.:fearless:. April 19th, 2013 12:12 PM

LOL! I know how you feel! I have a top loader as well. I have either been putting my hip to the side of the washing and leaning in side ways, or standing on a step stool :)

bellabri287 April 19th, 2013 07:15 PM

LOL so right there with ya, i can't reach most things. the sink is getting difficult without turning to the side. washing dishes kills my back because i have to hold myself at all weird angles to get through it. showering is quite a bit of effort too sadly. so very much belly...