JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   BTDT Moms...Early Labor Signs? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2659822-btdt-moms-early-labor-signs.html)

LilSunshine June 19th, 2013 10:14 AM

BTDT Moms...Early Labor Signs?

What were some signs that you knew that baby might be coming soon?

Even though I'm a btdt mom, I never went into labor with DS (emergency c/s at 34 weeks) so ALL of this after 34 weeks and labor stuff is new to me!!

Gini_3boys June 19th, 2013 10:58 AM

Re: BTDT Moms...Early Labor Signs?

With all 3 of my pregnancies, labor started out with light menstrual like cramping/tighting stomach coming about 10-15 mins apart. Then had the bloody show and the contractions just got closer and longer so I knew it was time. My water has never broke on it's own.

sethsgirl June 19th, 2013 11:05 AM

With DS1 I woke up around 2am having period like cramps and bloody show, he was born 7 hours later. With DS2 I had bloody show the day before he was born, woke up around 630am with period like cramps and he was born 13 hours later. Other then that nothing really, although the day before DS2 I did have looser stools and I've heard that can be a sign (although, tmi, I've been having that the last 2 days with contractions now and nothing so far).

offthewallfilms June 19th, 2013 11:46 AM

I felt "crampy" all weekend before my daughter was born. Similar to when you have your period.
Also TMI but loose bowels.

-erin- June 19th, 2013 12:03 PM

I was induced at 41.5 weeks with my DD and didn't have any signs before that :(

ahruska June 19th, 2013 12:24 PM

I lost my plug about a week before I had DD and started having very irregular contraction the day before I went into labor. So not really a lot of signs. I was supposed to be induced the day I delivered DD and was only 1cm at the Dr. the day before so no signs there either.

luvHim June 19th, 2013 12:46 PM

I've had bloody show 1-3 days before two of my babies arrived. Sometimes I get really crampy and lots of pressure.....but I can also have this a couple weeks before baby gets here, too. Like this time, I've already started with the pressure and cramping for almost two weeks now and no baby yet.

But once I see bloody show, I know it's almost time.

captivate June 19th, 2013 01:43 PM

I had the runs early evening and felt "off".. my labour started with contractions 4 minutes apart.. very hard and painful from the start. I was in labour hours....

So I doubt I will get the signs except maybe the runs to clear my body out.

I asked Serenitys dad if I pooed and he said no so the runs must have fully cleared me out x

OnesOnTheWay June 19th, 2013 01:50 PM

With DD I never went into labor on my own. No symptoms at all and I was induced at 40 weeks 1 day.
I really want to go into labor this time just to see what it's like lol

NinjaCakes June 19th, 2013 02:01 PM

I wonder the same thing often. That "different for everyone" thing is kind of annoying in this case!

LilSunshine June 19th, 2013 04:21 PM

I have period cramps on and off now for almost a week and just lately (the last 2-3 days) I've had soft poo....I'd like to think it's a sign that baby is coming soon!! ;) I have an appt tomorrow and I'm hoping she checks me.

ReidsMommyPlus1 June 19th, 2013 04:56 PM

I started losing bits of my plug about 1 week before I went into labor - it was like thick EWCM tinged with brown blood. I also started feeling crampy any time I was on my feet, like period cramps.

.:fearless:. June 19th, 2013 08:46 PM

My water broke :p haha :)
My last one I could only concentrate on...is it time, will today be it?! I was beyond anxious to get him out. So EVERYTHING was a sign to me. It was awful. That day though, I was really "off" and just super tired and irritable. I just KNEW it when contractions started that morning, IDK how else to explain it.