JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nolan is here! Born at 34 weeks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2659897-nolan-here-born-34-weeks.html)

doodoosmom June 19th, 2013 02:18 PM

Nolan is here! Born at 34 weeks

Hi ladies! Most of you know this if you're in the private FB group but Nolan was born on 6/13, about 6 weeks early. I am on my tablet so I will do a bigger update from my pc when I get a minute & share pix, but I wanted to update you all :)

He was 6lbs 11oz & 18in long, so a great size for his age! He is in the NICU, they estimate he could be there about 3 weeks but could be home as early as this weekend of he makes good progress. He was on cpap for a few days & had a ton of respiratory issues, I wasn't able to hold him or barely touch him for 4 days, so that was so tough. He has a nasal cannula now & they're working on weaning him off that slowly. He also cannot eat on his own, although we've been trying, so he gets pumped breast milk through a feeding tube until he figures out how to eat from a bottle. He is jaundice so he's under the lights but his levels aren't super high so hopefully he will only need the lights 2 days. His heart looks healthy but his heart rate drops quite a bit so they think he'll out grow that with time.

Once he's weaned off oxygen & able to eat on his own & isn't jaundice & stays that way for 24 hours he can go home!

It's been a very hard, emotional week but it could be a lot worse so we're thankful that he is progressing & a healthy size.

I'll try to get on my pc soon to do a birth story but basically I went into labor completely out of the blue & they couldn't stop it so I had an emergency c-section.

Easton's Mommy June 19th, 2013 02:46 PM

Re: Nolan is here! Born at 34 weeks

I feel for you, It sounds so scary. I am glad that he is doing so well and hopefully he can come home real soon.

LilSunshine June 19th, 2013 03:19 PM

Awww....congrats! Glad to hear he's a good size and doing well. NICU stays are tough! DS was born 6 weeks early too (he was 4lbs 14 oz) and luckily only had a 10 day stay. It's hard to leave your kiddo there though. :( Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way!!

Jessifer June 19th, 2013 04:04 PM

Congratulations! 6lbs 11oz is a good size even for a full-term baby, let alone a premie. Hope you'll get to bring your little one home soon.

Krisnina June 19th, 2013 04:46 PM

Thinking of you. Baby is a great size, I hope that helps him mature faster and come home to you.

Mrs_P2010 June 19th, 2013 04:46 PM

Congratulations! 6lbs 11oz is a really good size, my DD was only 6lbs 9oz and she was a day off of 41 weeks. I hope you get to bring him home really soon.

offthewallfilms June 19th, 2013 06:22 PM

Wow--Congrats
I'm glad he is doing well and getting healthy. Can't wait to see pics!

LadyGamer June 19th, 2013 07:37 PM

Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry that he came sooner than expected, but what a great size! I hope he gets to come home soon and he gets in tip-top shape.

MeggysMommy June 19th, 2013 07:57 PM

Thinking of you! I hope Nolan continues to improve for you :) hugs!

tela June 20th, 2013 04:38 AM

congrats! i hope nolan gets to come home soon!!!

mommamuffin June 20th, 2013 05:37 AM

You guys are in my thoughts! :heart: Wishing Nolan speedy improvement!

offthewallfilms June 20th, 2013 11:24 AM

By the way--anyone have the link to the FB group?

AmiraX4 June 20th, 2013 07:54 PM

COngrats !!! I had an emergency csection with one of mine and it can be scary. Im glad it went fine and baby is doing well in the NICU> My son stayed for 1 month and it is very hard please know we are here for you both!!

Shea131 June 21st, 2013 08:58 PM

Congrats! Hope he is home soon and your recovery is going well!

captivate June 22nd, 2013 10:38 AM

Congratulations I hope he is home soon. x