JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Braxton Hicks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2663080-braxton-hicks.html)

GamerMom July 2nd, 2013 04:28 PM

Braxton Hicks

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of BH? I've started getting them around two weeks ago and for the most part I felt crampy but nothing serious. Well lately it's gotten painful but not so painful that I think they're contractions. I wouldn't mind except I have a few more things to do before the baby gets here and by the time I spend 5 minutes at something, I'm almost crippled because the BH come on so quick and so painfully. It happens every night and about two or three times a day. Still, I don't seem to be progressing much towards labour so it's just a nuisance if anything. :mad:

pmwjones July 2nd, 2013 06:12 PM

Re: Braxton Hicks

Yes. I am experiencing the same thing. I still have three and a half weeks until my EDD but the BH are crazy lately. I do a task for two minutes and they are in full force. bleh

Kiam July 2nd, 2013 06:38 PM

Nope. I had them a fair bit between the 28wk-34wk mark, then they just stopped.

I had two within an hour on Monday evening, but that's been it.

getnthere July 2nd, 2013 10:03 PM

Yes walking and standing up seem to trigger them for me.

NinjaCakes July 3rd, 2013 01:14 AM

I hardly notice them, honestly. I don't know if you're further along than I, though. That may have something to do with it?

mommytomattea July 3rd, 2013 02:45 PM

I find I get them in the evening when I sit down on the couch for a little while. They have NOT been fun to deal with. Some are very painful

ninja_mommy July 3rd, 2013 03:29 PM

I hate them! Super annoying and gaining strength. I'm not sure if I was having weak contractions yesterday or not. I thought BH were supposed to go away/stop if you changed position/laid down/ got up moved around, but they weren't stopping and I was completely hydrated. It's just plain annoying.

captivate July 3rd, 2013 03:33 PM

Yes I have been getting them since 34 weeks. I never got any with my Daughter so this is all new to me. x

AmiraX4 July 3rd, 2013 04:24 PM

I get BH alot and its really bad when Im walking and suddenly get one along with the sudden urge to pee!! that hurts!!!!

Shea131 July 3rd, 2013 06:38 PM

I've been getting them more frequently. With my first I never remember having them so like Claire it's all new to me.

mommamuffin July 3rd, 2013 08:10 PM

I still get them all the time when I'm driving, and now I've gotten the a couple times in the middle of the night waking me up and everything, ugh.

I think we're all pretty much over this whole pregnancy thing.

GamerMom July 4th, 2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommamuffin (Post 27496474)
I still get them all the time when I'm driving, and now I've gotten the a couple times in the middle of the night waking me up and everything, ugh.

I think we're all pretty much over this whole pregnancy thing.

That's what happens to me as well. I'll be in bed and around 3am or later I'll wake up to the BH. They don't last very long but long enough to keep me awake and struggling to go back to sleep at all hours of the night. :(