JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What brand nursing bra did you buy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2663378-what-brand-nursing-bra-did-you-buy.html)

AmiraX4 July 3rd, 2013 04:20 PM

What brand nursing bra did you buy?

Just wondering what brand you found the best?

-erin- July 3rd, 2013 04:41 PM

Re: What brand nursing bra did you buy?

I just bought a couple bravado ones today (on sale on targets website) since I've heard so many good things about them. Haven't gotten to try yet though :)

AmiraX4 July 3rd, 2013 05:32 PM

Cool...see I ve always avoided buying them online just cus if it doesnt fit then I feel bad throwing it away. I have hard to buy for breasts just cus of so many pregnancies and nursing I think warped them..:giggle: :D

-erin- July 3rd, 2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmiraX2 (Post 27496255)
Cool...see I ve always avoided buying them online just cus if it doesnt fit then I feel bad throwing it away. I have hard to buy for breasts just cus of so many pregnancies and nursing I think warped them..:giggle: :D

The good thing about buying from target online is I can return to the store :)

AmiraX4 July 3rd, 2013 06:07 PM

^^^ ooh wow...thats cool then...I would consider it in that case then, be sure to let us know how you like it. Thanks for the tip

Shea131 July 3rd, 2013 06:26 PM

I haven't bought any bras for nursing yet just a couple nursing tanks from motherhood maternity.

tela July 3rd, 2013 06:37 PM

I've been wearing some from target. They are wireless and super comfy. Only $16 too! Figured when I went up in size for pregnancy I may as well just buy nursing bras to wear afterward as well!

Aramsamsam July 3rd, 2013 07:41 PM

I kept my bravado bras from last time. I was satisfied with those.

I also kept my glamour mom nursing tanks, but I would consider shopping around for tanks before buying the same ones again. They were ok but maybe not the greatest for my proportions.

mommamuffin July 3rd, 2013 08:11 PM

I have some from target and some from Kohls and I'm happy with them :)

OceanGirl July 3rd, 2013 10:47 PM

I think I will just use regular bras. I bought maternity bras last time but didn't really like them.

OnesOnTheWay July 4th, 2013 08:41 AM

I've only been able to find my size at Walmart...the nursing bra's they sell fit me great.. (38DD).
Target never has my size!

bellabri287 July 4th, 2013 10:17 AM

none... i ordered a couple and they didn't fit so im just going to use a 1 size up wireless vanity fair bra and see how that goes.

i bought the bras through amazon and returns are easy.

AmiraX4 July 4th, 2013 02:54 PM

Thats half my problem also is having an underwire and being DD. I dont mean to keep bugging about this but just wondering about the return because it seems from the replies here that returns are accepted but will they even after you have tried it on?

Jessifer July 4th, 2013 04:49 PM

I bought mine from Thyme and Motherhood Maternity, which are basically the two main stores in Canada that sell maternity wear exclusively. I don't think those stores exist in the U.S. though.

Mrs_P2010 July 4th, 2013 06:20 PM

I also got mine at Thyme and have been wearing them now. I bought a couple that have an underwire and one without. They fit well now so I'm probably going to have some issues once my milk comes in but they seem to have good stretch ..... So hopefully it wont be too bad. I would've preferred to have a size up for right at first though but they didn't go any bigger than DDD.

So far I really like them they're really comfortable I couldn't find my size last time and ended up going with out and always really wished I had one. The snaps seem really easy to do one handed and I think they look really nice too.

-erin- July 4th, 2013 07:22 PM

I've never had a problem returning bras after trying them on. Most places will let you return just about anything. Though I've never tried, and don't plan to, with underwear.

NinjaCakes July 6th, 2013 09:40 PM

Haven't gotten one yet, but appreciate this thread. Now I know where to start at least.

LadyGamer July 7th, 2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessifer (Post 27497942)
I bought mine from Thyme and Motherhood Maternity, which are basically the two main stores in Canada that sell maternity wear exclusively. I don't think those stores exist in the U.S. though.

Both are in the States, actually... and I am still really grumbly at Canada for not being able to find any maternity stuff outside those two stores. Even Sears and the Bay don't have maternity sections!!! WTH.

As for this question, I haven't gotten any yet. 1. I don't know where to look to get my size and 2. I don't know what size I'll need when my milk comes in.

Jessifer July 7th, 2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGamer (Post 27502027)
Both are in the States, actually... and I am still really grumbly at Canada for not being able to find any maternity stuff outside those two stores. Even Sears and the Bay don't have maternity sections!!! WTH.

As for this question, I haven't gotten any yet. 1. I don't know where to look to get my size and 2. I don't know what size I'll need when my milk comes in.

Sears has a maternity section but not all of them do. I checked the one at Yorkdale and didn`t see anything at all, but the Eaton Centre does. I`ve not checked it out though, neither did I check the Bay over there, which is lazy of me given that I actually work right downtown.

I had a friend who bought a bunch of maternity clothes at Forever 21 a year and a half ago, but when I went there they said they weren`t selling them anymore.

Most of my casual clothes I got at Old Navy. My work outfits had to be dressier so I got those at Thyme and Motherhood Maternity. But like you said, there`s not too many options here. I`m not particularly fond of the two overpriced nursing tops I purchased - it`s not clothes or colours that I`d normally wear but I guess they will have to do. They did have a very good selection of bras though. The people at Thyme (at Yorkdale) are always very helpful and will provide you with tips on what size to go with. The service at Motherhood Maternity (Yorkdale) was rather poor.