JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   My Crazy Labor Story!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2666286-my-crazy-labor-story.html)

bklynfinest77 July 17th, 2013 12:46 PM

My Crazy Labor Story!!

Ok I know I said I would post this last week but it was hectic in my house, but here we go

So im going to start from the day before ..
My nieces(3 of them) and my nephew (just 1) came down from NYC to visit for a week, so I had a total of 7 kids in my house .. I decided to take them to the skating rink Friday evening.. While at the skating rink I was having on and off contractions but as many of you know I’ve been having contractions from 23 weeks so this wasn't new for me. The only difference was it was a little more intense but nothing major.

We left the skating rink about 10:30pm got pizza and went home .. I told hubby if my contractions get any more intense and any closer together ( they were 5-10 min apart) we are going to have to go to the hospital. Well once I laid down the contractions were further apart and less intense so I figure nothing major is going to happen because this is normal.

I went to bed around 11:30pm, I actually slept really well that night which is rare. I woke up about 4:45am to use the bathroom, wipe no blood nothing so I went back to lay down but I couldn’t fall asleep then I started having contraction again but nothing major as normal .. At about 5:50am I swear I heard a pop so I got up to see if my water broke there was little fluid but nothing major but when I wiped there was a little blood so I figure hey this is different it must be time ..

I woke hubby up and said I think it time as I was walking around trying to get my stuff I got a really bad contraction that lasted about a min I couldnt move or anything once it was over I said hurry up before I get another one by time I got to the steps I got another one and couldn't walk down the steps once it was over I ran down the steps to the garage to get in the car but right before I got it in I had another really bad contraction. Once I sat down in the car, I felt major pressure and I knew he was coming.

All I remember is yelling really loud HE"S COMING ( I yelled it so loud my 17 year old ran upstairs to check on me) .. my hubby looked at me like I was crazy and said what you mean he’s coming I said he’s coming right now call 911 and I started pulling my pants off.. My hubby didn't even have time to call so he just took off his shirt, helped me pull off my pants and when he looked he said he saw the sac starting to coming out, he said he knew he had to break it so he dug his finger into it and it broke and soon as it broke I had the push, I pushed once and his head was out and then I pushed again and his whole body was out( he was born at 6:15am) .. hubby grabbed him and put him on me .. then he called 911 and my 17 year old ran to get towels to cover Kedar ( that the Scooby doo towel you see in the picture ..lol)

once 911 was on the phone they told my hubby to find something to tie off the cord by time we got the baby wrapped up and the cord tied off, hubby pulled the car out the garage so the ambulance will have easier access .. they got there in like 8 mins from the time we called 911 .. they suction the baby and put him in a blue foam looking bag to keep him warm then they cut the cord and put me in the ambulance .... To me it seem Kedar was having a hard time breathing but he was pink .. he didn't hardly cry so that scared me too .. he also had lot of meconium on him, all I wanted was to get to the hospital to make sure he was ok... When we got to the hospital (30 mins away) he was perfectly healthy which I was so happy to hear ..

I wish hubby would have took a picture of my car he said it was gross looking ( as it had blood, fluids, and meconium everywhere) you could even see the sac Kedar came out of on the floor but I still wish I was able to get a picture of it to keep. This was definitely an experience me and hubby would never forget .. hubby said he was scared but he is so happy he was able to experience delivering his son.

here's a pic of kedar when we arrived to the hospital you can see the Scooby Doo towel and the blue foam looking bag the EMT tech put him in you can also see the meconium all over the towel
http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...d391655cad.jpg

jkgreen July 17th, 2013 12:58 PM

Re: My Crazy Labor Story!!

Wow... Is it bad that's all I can think of?? Oh and congrats again?!

offthewallfilms July 17th, 2013 02:02 PM

Wow!
Congrats!!
I'm so glad he is healthy and what a charmer :)

mirdeemrlvs July 17th, 2013 02:17 PM

what a crazy amazing story!!! I've been waiting for this to come out since you posted that you had him in the car.. DH is a hero!! I bet he was scared. I know I would be if I was on the receiving end !.. lol..

How big was he? He looks big. When did you deliver the placenta? Had you been previously dialted that you know of? Did you have other quick labors?

dh and I joke that we would have had dd#2 in the truck because she was born 30 min after we got to the hospital. I was 8cm when I arrived. Got to the delivery room, said I had to push. They broke my water and 2 pushes she was out :-)

Definitely an experience you guys won't forget!!! I guess dr's are overrated. You guys did it on your own!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HE'S GORGEOUS :smile:

bklynfinest77 July 17th, 2013 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=mirdeemrlvs;27525487]what a crazy amazing story!!! I've been waiting for this to come out since you posted that you had him in the car.. DH is a hero!! I bet he was scared. I know I would be if I was on the receiving end !.. lol..

How big was he? He looks big. When did you deliver the placenta? Had you been previously dialted that you know of? Did you have other quick labors? QUOTE]

He weighed 8lbs 5oz 20 in long and believe it or not no one little tear ..

I didnít deliver the placenta until about a hour after I arrive to the hospital because I had to wait for the on call doctor to deliver it. To me holding that in ad then delivering it was more painful than having Kedar.

I was dilated 4cm when I was last check on Tuesday( had baby that Saturday) ... Me and hubby joked I would have him at home cause I kept saying I have no idea when Iím really in labor because I donít have killer contractions like everyone else cause I have a high tolerant for pain.

My first I almost had in the cab on the way to the hospital when I got there his head was basically out and I pushed 2 times and he was out the whole delivery from my house( when my water broke) to when I pushed him out was 30min.... My twins was different cause they wanted to keep them in( I was only 31 weeks) so my water broke I went to the hospital and they gave me meds to stop labor.. When I finally went in to labor (4 days later) it took me 45mins from the first real contraction to when I pushed both of them out a total of 4 pushes.
I never had drugs with any of my deliveries cause they always go so fast and I never really feel any pain until it time to push them out.

mirdeemrlvs July 17th, 2013 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=bklynfinest77;27525589]
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirdeemrlvs (Post 27525487)
what a crazy amazing story!!! I've been waiting for this to come out since you posted that you had him in the car.. DH is a hero!! I bet he was scared. I know I would be if I was on the receiving end !.. lol..

How big was he? He looks big. When did you deliver the placenta? Had you been previously dialted that you know of? Did you have other quick labors? QUOTE]

He weighed 8lbs 5oz 20 in long and believe it or not no one little tear ..

I didnít deliver the placenta until about a hour after I arrive to the hospital because I had to wait for the on call doctor to deliver it. To me holding that in ad then delivering it was more painful than having Kedar.

I was dilated 4cm when I was last check on Tuesday( had baby that Saturday) ... Me and hubby joked I would have him at home cause I kept saying I have no idea when Iím really in labor because I donít have killer contractions like everyone else cause I have a high tolerant for pain.

My first I almost had in the cab on the way to the hospital when I got there his head was basically out and I pushed 2 times and he was out the whole delivery from my house( when my water broke) to when I pushed him out was 30min.... My twins was different cause they wanted to keep them in( I was only 31 weeks) so my water broke I went to the hospital and they gave me meds to stop labor.. When I finally went in to labor (4 days later) it took me 45mins from the first real contraction to when I pushed both of them out a total of 4 pushes.
I never had drugs with any of my deliveries cause they always go so fast and I never really feel any pain until it time to push them out.

wow- So jealous!! You must have a REALLY high tolerance for pain!! I think a lot of women would keep having babies if it was that easy. I guess DH should just go to school and get qualified to deliver babies if you want to have any more. LOL..

when I had dd#2 real fast, they still ended up sticking me with an IV after I delivered her to help shrink my uterus. Did they do that to you??? annoying. I didn't tear at all with her either. She was 9lb 2 oz.

Why did they make you hold the placenta in? It would seem more scary to deliver a baby vs. the placenta.

keekopeeko July 17th, 2013 04:20 PM

Absolutely amazing mama!!! Love your stories! BUT glad it's not me! Intimidating! Haha

pmwjones July 17th, 2013 05:11 PM

This is such an incredible story! I am in awe of both you and your hubby! I would probably panic and cause my hubby to lose his mind. LOL So happy for you!

CARLACB July 17th, 2013 05:30 PM

*lurker from Sept DDC*

Awwwwwww that was such an amazing birthing story and your hubby sounds so awesome for just using his finger to break the sac like that. I think my fiance would have done it but would have fainted right after.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

alittlelost July 17th, 2013 07:22 PM

He's so cute! What an amazing story! My kids always come really fast once transition starts too <3

mommy2lilmen July 17th, 2013 07:28 PM

lurking from due in September

wow what a beautiful story, fast to. hes truly adorable. I teared up once I got to the end. :)

Easton's Mommy July 17th, 2013 08:38 PM

Wow! Such a great story! I would have wanted a picture of my car too! :p

captivate July 18th, 2013 12:08 AM

Wow, what a birth story. Congratulations.x

Kiam July 18th, 2013 12:27 AM

Imani, you're famous haha, I keep seeing this reposted on all the other DDCs.

AmbzAsh July 18th, 2013 06:12 AM

Lurking from Sept DDC...

Wow! That is crazy! Amazing birth story! Congratulations on your healthy, beautiful little man! Good job, mama!

mjbaby July 18th, 2013 06:56 AM

This is an INSANE birth story. Congratulations on your wonderful son. I don't know what else to say about your story except that you and your husband are amazing and that's a crazy entry in this world.

Aramsamsam July 18th, 2013 12:21 PM

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it! :smile:

bklynfinest77 July 18th, 2013 01:02 PM

thanks ladies .. it was a amazing experince!!

Not sure why they made me hold the placenta .. I guess to make sure it don't come apart but honest I have no clue

jersey_gray July 18th, 2013 09:46 PM

Just....wow. Congratulations!

mommamuffin July 19th, 2013 06:40 AM

Wow! What a story! And what a fast labor! I'm glad you didn't have to be in pain long, but my goodness!