JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth Diaper Mamas (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2667669-cloth-diaper-mamas.html)

MeggysMommy July 24th, 2013 12:11 PM

Cloth Diaper Mamas

Is your LO in cloth yet? How old were they when you started putting them in cloth?

I think I'm gonna wait until April's cord falls off(which I'm surprised hasn't yet). Also for being 9 odd lbs here waist is tiny so I'm not sure how they would fit yet.

Hsmom85 July 24th, 2013 12:28 PM

Re: Cloth Diaper Mamas

We started him at one week, as soon as we were out of the hospital. We have Happy Heiny Minis and Blueberry Mini Coveralls with Bummis prefolds, and they are awesome.

We haven't looked back since! We have a lot of disposables that we were given as gifts. I thought we would use SOME, but haven't touched them!

DH, who was completely against cloth, had become a huge cloth advocate and tells everyone how awesome and easy they are.

andrewbe7 July 24th, 2013 01:20 PM

I had Ryan in Boulder, CO which I don't know if you all know it's reputation but it's very 'hippie' and eco-friendly. They provided cloth diapers in the hospital, they aren't fans of disposable diapers so he's been in them since day 1.

When we go out of the house though we put him in disposables though. He seems to prefer the cloth diapers though-they are definitely more comfortable.

Houghtie: The same thing happened with my boyfriend- he was not interested in cloth diapering, but I had been insisting on it since I first became pregnant. But then when we were at the hospital he realized how easy it was and now he likes it :)

bellabri287 July 24th, 2013 02:13 PM

I planned on exclusively CD the twins, yeah right!? One CD into it on day 2 home with them and we realized it was not for us right now. I have 3dz GMD NB prefolds, and 4 NB workhorse GMD's, and 4 NB covers in a drawer right now. I need to sell them.

Maybe we will try again when they are bigger and I'm a little more into a rhythm with them. I have 1dz GMD sz 1 prefolds and 4 larger sized covers. But for now, too hard and stress ful when they wet sposies so fast and CD's even faster.

laur2laur July 24th, 2013 02:23 PM

Ryan was born 7/6 and we just started exclusively using our cloth diapers this week... he's finally big enough!

MeggysMommy July 24th, 2013 08:18 PM

Laur2laur how big is Ryan now?

doodoosmom July 30th, 2013 03:05 PM

We're in cloth :) Nolan is 6 weeks & we started last week. I didn't buy many NB size diapers so only about 12 of his diapers fit so he's part time in disposables..We love cloth though!!

countrygirl95648 July 30th, 2013 05:29 PM

we started Hunter in Cloth when his cord fell off however he is havving issues with his cord so we have to be carfule. The firs couple diapers I was thinking oh boy this will be a chore but it is not... I love them and he loves them!

Sugaree August 2nd, 2013 12:28 PM

We started Finn in them once his circ healed. As it turned out his cord fell off about the same time. Right now, he's still fitting into the orange GMD workhorse fitteds and prefolds, but has outgrown the NB Super Brites, but doesn't quite fit into the small Super Brites. He has skinny legs, so a lot of covers have a gap there. We are using Kawaii Baby OS covers some which fit okay, especially at night when I add a trifolded prefold as a doubler. Those were consignment sale finds that I scored for less than $2 each. The edge tape is coming off one, but that's an easy fix.

So far, it's going well. Except for a (not so small) flood in the bathroom yesterday while DH was in class. A valve that was running from the water heater to the diaper washing machine blew out. I had to call the city to cut the water off at the street. It was so not fun, but no major damage from that (did uncover some old water damage though :( ).

Now we're trying to determine what the next step will be. DH likes the fitteds with snaps. I'm liking the idea of AI2s. I got a Cheeky Revolution fitted earlier this week and am trying to decide between Flips, Grovia, and Ragababe for an AI2 system. I'll probably go with the Flip daypack in the Albert print (already have an AIO in Albert and love it). Tangerine Baby is stocking soon, so I'll try to score one of those OS fitteds too, as well as Little Seedlings. I figure with good hybrid fitteds, the cheaper covers we have will work fine.

Unfortunately, it's looking like I'll have to start buying disposables for daycare in about 6 weeks unless I can convince his pediatrician to write a note saying he needs to wear cloth. However, his pedi didn't even know what a cloth diaper was when I took him to his one month appointment...

momto3brazils August 3rd, 2013 04:16 PM

I started CD yesterday (her cord fell off) I have used GMD fitted workhorse with snaps and a wool cover and also prefolds with duo velcro covers.

NinjaCakes August 3rd, 2013 10:27 PM

I'm thinking next week.