JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How much does your LO drink? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2680172-how-much-does-your-lo-drink.html)

GamerMom September 20th, 2013 05:35 AM

How much does your LO drink?

I know this is a difficult for some mothers because they are breastfeeding and it's hard to judge unless it's pumped out. However, how much do you think they are drinking?

Adelyn is drinking about 4-5oz a feeding now and she's 10 weeks old! She's drinking this every 4 hours roughly so I get good breaks in between feedings and changes to do other stuff like house chores.

Jessifer September 20th, 2013 07:54 AM

Re: How much does your LO drink?

Marcos is a big feeder! He's 9 weeks old and is still breastfeeding every 2hrs during the day. When I pump milk into a bottle and DH feeds him at night, he can sometimes drink up to 7oz! (and he doesn't spit any of it up)

Shea131 September 20th, 2013 01:14 PM

Jax is 9 weeks old and is breastfeeding every 2 to 2.5 hours during the day. He's not very consistent though. Some feedings he will just take one breast and others he wants both. I was away last night and DH said he drank between 5-7 oz bottles but went closer to 3 hours between feedings (I think). I left 5 oz bottles made and he needed a little more than that.

AmiraX4 September 20th, 2013 02:37 PM

Up until about 2 days ago D was drinking around 4 oz every 4-5 hrs now she is taking sometimes 5

NinjaCakes September 20th, 2013 05:05 PM

I'd say 4 or 5 at most, usually less than that (based on the time between feedings). 5 is the most she's weighed up after a feeding.

Kiam September 20th, 2013 05:53 PM

130ml every 4 hours or so.

-erin- September 20th, 2013 06:22 PM

He nurses every 2-3 hours during the day, up once usually at night, but he's done a couple nights where he's slept all night. He's gotten pumped milk a few times and gets 3-4oz.

andrewbe7 September 21st, 2013 09:30 AM

Ryan is breastfed and eats about every 2-3 hours but it seems like he's getting a TON of milk. I've just started pumping and freezing the milk to add to the rice cereal he'll start getting in 3 months and I am producing like 6-7 oz in 10 minutes when I'm pumping and he's on the boob for like 20 minutes when he eats and he always takes both sides so I have no idea how much he's getting.

Sugaree September 23rd, 2013 09:46 AM

He nurses every 1.5-2 hours. At daycare they are giving him 2.5 ounces every 1.5 hours with me nursing him when I drop him off, at lunch, and when I pick him up. At grandma's he eats more like 2.5 oz every hour (this has been an ongoing issue with grandma, but she's getting better about not overfeeding him). I think that he might be starting to reverse cycle because he's starting to clusterfeed more at night than he has been in the past.

tela September 23rd, 2013 04:24 PM

BF every 1-2 hours all day but sleeps a 6-8 hour stretch then another 3-4 hour stretch. With a bottle he drinks 3-4 oz of pumped milk.