JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Clothes that no longer fit (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1892-july-2013-playroom/2681428-clothes-no-longer-fit.html)

Kiam September 25th, 2013 02:42 PM

Clothes that no longer fit

What are you ladies doing with clothes that no longer fit?

I'm umming and ahhing, we have a plastic tub in Audrey's room where I am putting things that don't fit her anymore but I don't want to just hoard everything. (Of course, anything that is torn or is fraying or yellowing we are throwing away) BIL's girlfriend is currently pregnant and we were going to offer them anything they wanted but to be honest I am doubting whether they actually want them (long story, not worth telling, I don't even understand it myself). We are planning on maybe having more children in the future but I don't want to keep tubs and tubs of clothes, just keep the really nice pieces (like handmade things or things I am in love with).
It's tempting to just give them away at the moment.

Gini_3boys September 25th, 2013 07:04 PM

Re: Clothes that no longer fit

I'm giving them to this program called Baby Grace. Some really great ladies from the local church set it all up and once a month people can go and get clothes and baby items that people have donated. I'll keep a few really cute things but so far he's just outgrown a few newborn onsies.

-erin- September 26th, 2013 04:10 AM

I've got a pile I keep adding to to donate or consign.

GamerMom September 26th, 2013 04:13 AM

Luckily I know of a friend who is expecting a baby girl early in the new year. That means I've been saving up a lot of Adelyn's outgrown things like diapers and clothing so that they can use it for their little girl. It worked out perfectly! :)

Sugaree September 26th, 2013 04:29 AM

Right now they are being collected in a plastic bin in my bedroom. I can't bring myself to get rid of them because I'd hate to have to go rebuy everything in a few years, especially diapers. Once we decide we are done (or if we have a girl the next time) then I'll sell them at a really great consignment sale that takes place in my town twice a year.

NinjaCakes September 29th, 2013 11:53 PM

Some I am keeping, some I am selling, some I am giving away. I'm kind of low key on the look out for people truly in need because I have been there and people's generosity is all that got me through. I'd like to pay it forward if I can.

Shea131 September 30th, 2013 11:26 AM

I will probably give away most.

AmiraX4 October 2nd, 2013 09:17 AM

I keep some things and some I just throw out.

MeggysMommy October 2nd, 2013 08:01 PM

I've been saving important outfits then selling the rest. Though I've gone through some of these clothes now with 3-4 kids so some have to get tossed.

tela October 3rd, 2013 11:59 AM

with DS1 i saved everything. yes, there are TONS of bins lining the basement wall, but we have the storage space. good thing b/c we had another boy this time and get to use everything again. seriously, i haven't had to buy anything this time around! as caleb outgrows clothes, i put them in a bin in his room. we will hang on to them for a while to see if we know someone having a boy. if not, they will all be donated.