JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2001-july-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Thank you gifts??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2001-july-2014-playroom/2724789-thank-you-gifts.html)

brookes630 June 27th, 2014 06:11 PM

Thank you gifts???

Is any one planning on taking a small gift for the nurses?? I never did with my other two. I meant to send a thank you note to the maternity dept but then I forgot the names of my nurses. :) I may pack thank you cards this time so I can write them while I'm thinking about it.

Is anyone taking anything for the nurses that help them out?? What are you planning on taking?

casslou1 June 27th, 2014 08:06 PM

Re: Thank you gifts???

I never did with my other two, but now I might look into it

butterflydamsel June 28th, 2014 07:04 AM

I've heard it is nice to bring a basket of healthy snacks and drinks for them. Or cookies lol.

razorbackmom June 28th, 2014 07:54 AM

I will probably do thank u cards, I planned on doing this last time but just didn't. Good plan taking them with you we may do that too!

ZeeWP June 29th, 2014 03:34 PM

We are thinking of covering a few meals... like for breakfast get a couple of boxes donuts and bagels then maybe for a dinner get a few boxes of pizza. And coffee ;)

CanadianMom2B June 30th, 2014 12:57 PM

We're bringing a couple boxes of chocolates just in case we're there a couple of days. I figure I'll ask a million questions and use that buzzer like a game show buzzer. Chocolate just makes me feel slightly less guilty

Spottts June 30th, 2014 01:13 PM

I didn't with my others. I was in my "happy place" with my eyes closed so I wasn't even aware there were people in the room unless I was talked to directly, which was rare.

I hope this next delivery will be low maintenance too, so I won't feel a need to do anything special.

razzledobe June 30th, 2014 04:30 PM

Yes, we leave it depending on the time of day. I had my guy in the eve so the next morning DH brought in Bagels and Coffee from Einsteins.

Erin.Berg June 30th, 2014 05:15 PM

I have never heard of giving a thank you gift to your nurse(s). Is that a really common thing? I don't want to come off as rude or cheap I'm just honestly curious.

brookes630 June 30th, 2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin.Berg (Post 28129386)
I have never heard of giving a thank you gift to your nurse(s). Is that a really common thing? I don't want to come off as rude or cheap I'm just honestly curious.

I have never done it and I've only heard others do it on the just mommied boards. I was just curious as to what others were doing.

butterflydamsel June 30th, 2014 07:03 PM

Most people don't do anything. But the nurses will really like it if you do. For my first, I mailed a thank you card after delivery.