JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2001-july-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Nipple Stimulation? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2001-july-2014-playroom/2725953-nipple-stimulation.html)

ZeeWP July 10th, 2014 05:27 PM

Nipple Stimulation?

So I'm thinking of breaking out the pump tomorrow to help get labor moving. Starting off on the lowest setting and doing, 15 minutes each breast. I have already been hand stimulating for almost a week now...

Any other advice?

Earthy.Mama July 10th, 2014 05:53 PM

Re: Nipple Stimulation?

Birth ball, pump, EPO, gentle birth formula (like RRLT), walking.... that's what I've been doing.

And so far I'm still pregnant. LOL1

Dishersgirl July 10th, 2014 06:21 PM

Relax I get more contrax when i do absolutely nothing.

marybeth76 July 10th, 2014 07:01 PM

Well I've eaten 3 pineapples so far, LOL. Not in the same day of course. I know you have to eat like 7 at once or something insane for it to mayyyyybe even do anything, but w/e I like pineapple. I'm all out of it tonight and kind of bummed, I've about gotten addicted to it.

I've been doing nipple stimulation too and it brings on a lot of contractions but they just don't go anywhere. I'm not doing ANYTHING tonight, I want a night of rest.

ZeeWP July 10th, 2014 07:50 PM

yeah I have been doing EPO and RRLT capsules... birth ball. I think I'm gonna get the hypnobabies "baby come out" script.

Earthy.Mama July 10th, 2014 07:53 PM

i'm taking a break from epo and the gentle birth stuff

I need a night of rest. I'm over it, highly emotional right now. Just tired of it all.

ZeeWP July 10th, 2014 08:01 PM

hugs Jackie! take a break. You definitely need it. And your body probably needs it, too. Maybe the break will jumpstart something. If anything--you will get some rest and be ready to start anew!

Does anyone do anything special for nipple stimulation?

butterflydamsel July 10th, 2014 09:02 PM

Use your partner! Just being close to him helps with oxytocin and maybe letting him do it will help boost the feeling. I stress out around the pump, so it is not for me.

razzledobe July 11th, 2014 08:27 AM

I'm gonna do the pump ... I did it once and then meh... also i'll try some more accupressure but idk... I keep thinking i'm not one of the lucky ones to go oh!! that really worked yippiee!! i haven't had contrx or anything happening for a while. C'mon full moon!!!? heh heh

laleighpop July 11th, 2014 07:30 PM

The pump worked for me after a night of cervadil though. I was able to get contractions going while bouncing on the ball. Once one would hit I would sorta grind into the pressure... Ultimately my progress wasn't enough to prolong the pit but I still feel if I had been given a couple days I would've been able to do it on my own.

Initially I feared the pump in the days preceding my induction because I thought I would pump colostrum since I was so quick to get a few drops, but when I used it through labor, no more than a few drops were ever produced.

I'd get at it! :) and the ball, esp if u can feel her down low, grind into it!